Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

92 b2600i cranks no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Default 92 b2600i cranks no start

so ive checked everything over and over timing is good on crank to cam dizzy is on number one tdc everything still no start fresh motor rebuild

Old 08-21-2021, 10:12 AM
Default 91 mazda b2600i eating my lunch

Hey everyone I have a 91 mazda b2600i that cranks, gets fuel and spark, but just refuses to start
So far, here's the symptoms and what has been done..

Truck at first would not turn over
Replaced ignition fuse and 80 amp main fuse..also replace 30 amp fuse in engine compartment.....Truck turned over but would not start.Ignition switch good.
Seemed to get no spark and no fuel. Checked fuel pump relay, relay good.
Fuel was getting to combustion chamber and was getting spark, but seemed to fail intermittently. Plug wires good, distributor cap good, polished rotor bug. .
Suspected crankshaft angle position sensor, ..turns out that's an " ignitor" in a Mazda, functions the same as an ignition control module located in distributor. Ended up replacing entire distributor, as was cheaper than the "ignitor" Mechanically set crankshaft to 5 degrees before top dead center via timing mark(yellow) on crankshaft pulley. Set rotor in distributor to number one plug on distributor cap and marked. Rotated distributor shaft two teeth clockwise to account for gear mesh during dizzy installation.
Landed properly with rotor bug pointing to number one wire on distributor cap. Tried to start while adjusting dizzy by hand. No start.
Checked incoming voltage to coil..11.34 volts. No megaohm meter, could not check output voltage.
Checked resistance to primary and secondary on coil, both within accepted range. Plugs getting fire. Went ahead and replaced plugs, NGK and gapped to .44 Getting spark and fuel, still no start.
Possibly of injectors being dirty, but have not checked at this point, because fuel is getting to combustion chamber.
Not sure what I'm overlooking, but open to ideas.
Have not checked ECU, but not leaning toward it at this time, and no way to positively verify.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 09-04-2021, 10:33 PM

Did you buy this truck in this condition? Have you drained the tank and put in new fuel? Purged the lines?

Reason I asked, years ago I went through this crap on a Dakota, replaced fuel pump, etc to find water in the tank. Drained and refilled with new fuel, fired right up.

Also, I think the dizzy bug should be offset to the number 1 wire. So that the leading edge is just getting to number 1 when it should fire. But, It should at least attempt to fire with the timing retarded a tooth.