Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

1992 b2600i wont start after ECM replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Default 1992 b2600i wont start after ECM replacement

Hi there,

I bought a rebuilt ECM since mine was beginning to fail and had a leaking resistor. The truck started just fine and ran before hand (would stall and miss from time to time), after I installed the new ECM it just cranks but never fires. Do these rebuilt ECM need to be programmed, and if so how does someone go about that?

I checked to see if I was getting spark and all spark plugs are receiving spark.

Thank you for any help,

Mike

Old 12-20-2016, 07:35 AM

If you ONLY installed a new ECM and nothing else, and you KNOW that you have spark at the plugs, next thing to investigate is whether you're getting fuel delivery. Check by spraying in some aerosol starting fluid into the air cleaner and trying to start. If it runs a few seconds (try a few times), then fuel issue, so check whether your electric fuel pump is really pumping, check your fuel filter, check your fuel pump pressure.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, so I sprayed some started fluid and it tried to start but never fired off. My main concern is the old ecm it would fire up every time no problem. I got this new ecm and installed it same day and now it doesn't want to start. Tomorrow I am going to get my old ecm back and see if it could have been a bad rebuilt ecm that I got. Before I look to see if any fuel components are bad. Is this a good plan of attack?

Old 12-21-2016, 07:52 AM

Yes.

But you said you had spark, and now you've added starter spray, yet it still doesn't start. You didn't have the distributor rotor off, did you? For what its worth, I'll just follow your similar post at MazdaTrucking.com, way larger knowledge base there. Axel Breaker Earl, SinCity, and Scotch know a lot about 2600i models.