Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

MX3 Factory Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Question MX3 Factory Race Car

My late brother in law somehow got his hands on a factory MX3 race car and raced it at Buttonwillow out here in California.

The car has kind of fallen to me to deal with so I was looking around online to see what kind interest there is.

It's been sitting for a few years so it would need some work but the car is all there....

what say you, internet?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:23 AM

pic

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28XR12C]

Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM

What an interesting car. I hope your brother-in-law enjoyed it and you are able to find a new owner who will enjoy it as well.

I recommend that you look into BringATrailer.com. If there is a market for your car, it would be on that site.

You may want to get it cleaned up and running and be prepared for a week of telling the story.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
You may want to get it cleaned up and running and be prepared for a week of telling the story.
ohhhh no. I'm not touching that car with a 10 meter cattle prod. I have plenty of projects that I neglect enough that there's no way in hell I'm taking this on.

I already have my brother in laws MX5 that needs everything to deal with and taking up space in my garage.

I'm basically trying to find someone who is really interested in this car

Old 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM

I recommend that you look into BringATrailer.com. If there is a market for your car, it would be on that site.
Ive signed up for the site - thanks for the tip! Looks like a cool site

Old 07-12-2018, 11:26 AM

I bet you get twice what you expect and sell it in one week instead of months if you go with BaT. If you go that route, active participation in the discussion by the seller and telling your story increases the final price significantly.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 AM

I bet you get twice what you expect and sell it in one week instead of months if you go with BaT. If you go that route, active participation in the discussion by the seller and telling your story increases the final price significantly.
at this point I would be surprised to get anything for it. Honestly, I would be happy finding it a home and covering the costs for re titling the car

Old 05-25-2019, 10:10 PM

Hey man I live close by to SB and I am interested in the car. Could I get some more information in regards to miles, registration, smog, history? Thanks bro hopefully this can turn out!

Old 06-15-2019, 03:32 PM

Assuming it runs, this would make a good car for high performance driving events, (a.k.a. track days). A lot of these events cater to low-to-mid horsepower street legal cars with few modifications. High speed lapping sessions on a sports car track, without wheel-to-wheel racing. I used to run my Mazda MX-3 with NECC Motorsports here on the East Coast. I even ran my Toyota Yaris on the track. It wasn't fast but it was great fun!

Old 06-15-2019, 06:19 PM

sorry that I have been neglecting this thread. the car is still there and I do not have very much information about it at all.... sorry. Id just like to find it a home