Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mx-3-mazda-mx-6-25/)
-   -   MX-3 v6 Unable to start when hot (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mx-3-mazda-mx-6-25/mx-3-v6-unable-start-when-hot-34510/)

perjmolsen 11-25-2014 02:12 PM

MX-3 v6 Unable to start when hot

Hi

I have installed a new distributor in my Mazda Mx-3, and i solved the error 3 code, and it now fires and run, it ran a bit rough when it where warmed up at idle, but i adjusted the idle screw and it helped.

I have let the engine run hot, and set the idle speed to around 700 rpm (using the tacometer at the dash)

After that i have jumped ten and gnd, and verified that the rpm is abaut 700 rpm, i needed to turn up the rpn using the idle screw.

Then i have checked the ignition timing and set it to 10 degrees.

Removed the jumper wire from ten and grd.

BUT... now the car will not start, i have set the distributor back to where i started but the same issue, it will not start.

I guess that it fires up when its Cold

What can cause the car to not start when its hot?
I have checked for error codes and there are none..

I need your Expert help :)

hixx 11-25-2014 08:37 PM

Spray some flammable carb/brake cleaner into the air cleaner and see if it starts. If it does then check for fuel pressure and injector pulse. If you have no spark you might have gotten a bad distributor.

perjmolsen 11-26-2014 02:36 AM

Hi

I will check that when I come home from work.
I tried to fire it up yesterday when it where cold, it did not fire up.

It seems like there is ignition, I will check the fuel pressure and injector pulse.

Stange that it fired right up after I have installed the new distributor, and I also did have it stoped and started, but after it has been hot it will not start....

tanprotege 11-26-2014 07:57 AM

Follow hixx' advise.

You could also disconnect and inspect every wiring harness you can get your hands on. Remove any corrosion you might find. Don't forget to clean ground connections everywhere. The circuits are not complete unless the current can go back to battery Negative.

perjmolsen 11-26-2014 11:14 AM

Hi Hixx and Tanprotege

It seems that the new distributor i got is bad :(((

There is no spark at all

I have installed the old distributor to see if there is spark, and there is (and fault code 3) - so the new one did only hold for 30 minutes before it where dead?

The new distributor also get a bit warm, the old one does not get warm, so there might be a problem with the coil.

I have send a message to the seller, and i want to send it back and get a new one.
But i strange that it worked for 20-30 minutes, and now there is no spark...

hixx 11-26-2014 01:08 PM

Bad pickup coil in the distributor which fried the coil. Coils go out within minutes if not allowed to discharge.

perjmolsen 11-27-2014 02:58 AM

Ok - I where afraid of that I could have done something wrong :)

tanprotege 11-27-2014 08:13 AM

They ship world wide:
RockAuto Parts Catalog[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=qvimpdeetiva20qs0398co5e22