Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mx-3-mazda-mx-6-25/)
-   -   Fuel light come on but have fuel in tank (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mx-3-mazda-mx-6-25/fuel-light-come-but-have-fuel-tank-7487/)

1993mazdaMX6 03-29-2007 12:15 AM

Fuel light come on but have fuel in tank

hello , anybody has any ideal , my Fuel light on ON my DASHboard but i have fuel in tank. ANY1 knwo wat could be causing that. thnaks

sstlaure 03-29-2007 01:20 AM

RE: Fuel light come on but have fuel in tank

Fuel sender could have gone bad. It's in the tank.

1993mazdaMX6 03-29-2007 06:29 PM

hello do u know where can i find out how does it look like. is there ay other website can show me the sending unit , thnaks

babyhuey 03-30-2007 10:25 PM

Your low fuel light will normally come on with 2.1-2.6 gallons of fuel stillin the tank. Is it just on all the time??

1993mazdaMX6 03-30-2007 11:30 PM

yes it ison all the time,. i use those red color plastic tank to buy mor fuel and put it in and the light still stay on
[:@][&o][&o][&:][8D]:):):D:eek:[:o]

sstlaure 03-30-2007 11:59 PM

You need to pull the tank to get to the sending unit. The sending unit is inside the gas tank.

1993mazdaMX6 03-31-2007 02:41 PM

in order to get to the sending unit, do i have to pull down the tank or i have get access from the back carseat. because i check autozone repair guild , they have two version to get to fuel pump. thanks

1993mazdaMX6 03-31-2007 02:44 PM

one question for to ask is, if sending unit go bad, will it still send fuel to the engine? thanks

sstlaure 03-31-2007 03:33 PM

Fuel pump sends gas to the engine. The sending unit tells the gauge how much gas you have. You may be able to access the sending unit from under the rear seat. (Not sure though, but most tanks do have the sender on the top.)

1993mazdaMX6 03-31-2007 04:10 PM

hello sstlaure, now, if the fuel pump go bad, will the fuel light come on on my dashboard because since the fuel light come on , my car wont start up anymore. , i put in new battery, starter is good , i can tell the engine try to crank....i am thinking might be no fuel go into the engine. thanks

sstlaure 03-31-2007 06:48 PM

You should be able to check the fuel pressure at the engine. There should be something that looks like a tire pressure valve (like on your car tires) on the fuel rail that feeds the engine, hook up a fuel pressure gauge to that fitting and fire up the car. If you see pressure, you're getting fuel. Not sure what the nominal pressure should be set to, but at least you'll know if you're getting any fuel. I've seen other fuel injected engines with nominal fuel pressure of 32 lbs. (not sure if that is correct for your car or not.)

I believe your "fuel light" is a "low fuel" light. I don't think that has anything to do with your fuel pump.

How much gas is in your tank? Is the gas old?

1993mazdaMX6 03-31-2007 07:34 PM

hello sstllaure,
yes the fuel is consider old, but i added another like 1.5 gallon or around 6 to 7 litres of new fuel in. one other question, if i put my key to acc on , the fuel gauge suppose to go up to show the level of the fuel in the tank? or the engine has to started in order to have the fuel gauge to show the level of the fuel in the fuel tank. thank

babyhuey 03-31-2007 11:41 PM

Fuel gauge should register when you turn key to run position or when all of the dash warning light come on also. Your best bet to see if you are getting fuel up to the engine is just to remove the filter outlet line and have someone crank the engine while you are looking to see if you have any fuel coming out of the filter. Filter is located just to the rear and below you air cleaner housing. The line coming out of the top is the outlet line. Am wondering about something you wrote in a prior post. You said "my car wont start up anymore. , i put in new battery, starter is good , i can tell the engine try to crank....". Is your engine even turning over like normal when cranking or at all? Just got me wondering as you would not normally replace a battery and starter if the engine was cranking over just fine. Also if the engine is cranking over fine is the speed erratic or very rythmic?

babyhuey 03-31-2007 11:41 PM

Fuel gauge should register when you turn key to run position or when all of the dash warning light come on also. Your best bet to see if you are getting fuel up to the engine is just to remove the filter outlet line and have someone crank the engine while you are looking to see if you have any fuel coming out of the filter. Filter is located just to the rear and below you air cleaner housing. The line coming out of the top is the outlet line. Am wondering about something you wrote in a prior post. You said "my car wont start up anymore. , i put in new battery, starter is good , i can tell the engine try to crank....". Is your engine even turning over like normal when cranking or at all? Just got me wondering as you would not normally replace a battery and starter if the engine was cranking over just fine. Also if the engine is cranking over fine is the speed erratic or very rythmic?