Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

95 mx3 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Default 95 mx3 wont start

just picked up this car after it was sitting for 4 years the previous owner said it needed a fuel pump checked the old one and it was bad replaced it and the car started rite up drove it about a mile to my brothers turned it off came back the next day it started no problem.ran for a few minutes got inside to see what was what on this car all i did was push the recirc and fresh air buttons at the same time and the car died immediatly and would not restart i smelled electrical burnt smell thought it might be the control box but no strong odor from there took out the fuel pump tested it to be ok checked for fire and it was weird but pulled the plug attached it to the wire laid it on the top of the cover and my brother turned the key to on not all the way to start and the plug sparked he then proceeded to turn it over and the spark seemed slow to me and sometimes not sure butno spark for a bit. i was told it might be the ignition module but dont know where it is someone else said it might be the distributor itself bad please help me some body as i'm on foot now my son just totaled my only other car and 3 months ago to save money i dropped to liability bad move