Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   Sterio installation (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/sterio-installation-1566/)

scottlandfever 11-16-2005 09:03 PM

Sterio installation

Hey guys,
My husband did a great thing for my birthday... He put a Sony xplod in my 1995 mpv van. PROBLEM!!!!!! When he did this (God love him), he killed my dash and tail lights. Have no idea what he has done. Anyone know anything about the wiring? Seems he had an extra green wire left over. (He didn't want to buy the wiring harness) What a Man!!!! I love him and he was trying to do something nice for me but now I need help. Anyone? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mom without tunes or lights.

scottlandfever 11-17-2005 06:15 PM

RE: Sterio installation

Well,
Now I have no sterio but at least I have lights. Any help would be great here.
Thanks,
scottlandfever

babyhuey 11-17-2005 10:45 PM

Was the 15A 'TAIL' fuse blown for the lights not working? Does the xplod turn on and seem to be working normally except no sound or does it even come on? By the way Happy Birthday.[sm=happy046.gif]

scottlandfever 11-19-2005 12:02 PM

Thanks for the Happy Birthday.
:D
The lights came back on because he hooked a green wire to a ground? Every time you turned the lights on the sterio would go off. Is there a ground? Cant find it. Is it the red/white wire? not sure because strange things are happening. Red/white wire only goes live when lights are on. Green does nothing when the lights are on. White wire does nothing at all ever. Is the white wire the remote for speakers in door. because this mazda has factory amps in doors for door speakers. Which may be why we are getting this all messed up. Is green ground for door amp/speakers? Or does black from sterio go to green from car?

babyhuey 11-19-2005 05:10 PM

The red/white wire is for audio unit illumination when you turn your lights on. Same as the illumination for the dash lights that light up all of the switches and instrument cluster at night. Power supplied thru the 15A 'TAIL' fuse.
Blue/red wire should have power all of the time from the 15A 'ROOM' fuse.
Blue/black wire should only have power with key on ACC or RUN thru the ignition switch and then 15A 'CIGAR' fuse.
Green wire looks to be power up signal to the amplifiers for the door and rear speakers.
White wire unsure but is connected to the door speaker amp.
No ground wire. Looks as if the stereo grounds thru the audio unit body. You may need to run your own if the xplod has a ground wire requirement.
Are you ok on which wire colors go to which speakers?

scottlandfever 11-21-2005 01:08 AM

BabyHuey,
Thank you for all of your help.....
You are my hero:) I am indebted to you and the Mazda Forum. Without you, I would be falling asleep on my way to work in the mornings. Music is my caffeine.
My husband would also like to know:
In your opinion, how would YOU wire this.
Also, would green wire go to remote wire of the sterio?
Give us a call if you are ever in Texas.[sm=thanx.gif]

babyhuey 11-21-2005 10:08 PM

Not sure how I would wire it as I do not have a diagram from the wiring of the xplod. If you would fax me a copy would be happy to take a look at it. Sent you a PM with my fax #.