Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   mazda 2000 mpv,location of PCV valve (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/mazda-2000-mpv-location-pcv-valve-7800/)

rochey32 04-14-2007 07:11 PM

mazda 2000 mpv,location of PCV valve

also i have a intermittent humming noise which comes on for about 15 seconds at a time. this happen when the van is driving and idling.also getting codes p0102,,p0103,,p0113. first 2 codes the book says mass or volume circuit low input/high imput.. p0113 says intake air temperature circuit high input. anybody can help i appreciate it.i just found this website and just joined today.thanks guys.

babyhuey 04-14-2007 09:08 PM

RE: mazda 2000 mpv,location of PCV valve

Your PCV valve is kind of buried down under the throttle body area. Loacation index drawing and what the PCV will look like below.
The humming/foghorn type noise is from the Idle Air Control Valve located on the backside of the intake manifold. When noise is occuring, disconnect the two wire electrical connector to it and can almost guarantee that the noise will stop. Very common problem on the 2000-01 MPV as well as the early Tribute. Update part is available to fix with part number GY01-20-660B and available for a discounted dealer price at $78.68.
The codes are all classic "someone unplugged the Mass Air Flow sensor with engine running codes. First thing that I would try to do would be to disconnect the MAF sensor with key off, make sure there is no obvious damage to the pins or wires, reconnect untill you hear the locking click of the connector. Now disconnect the negative battery cable for five minutes to clear trouble codes from the PCM and then just drive and see if the CEL comes back on. If codes continue to be stored then you may have an internal problem with the sensor.
Oh and welcome to the Mazda forum rochey32!!:)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/AA6BEAD7A440424F9B44DE9254A452F0.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/E7C9F3A70E344B5A840C6BC8BF134634.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/4E60E50811854CB6A5F87438AB47A6A1.gif[/IMG]

rochey32 04-14-2007 10:59 PM

thanks a millon for you help.it is so hard to find a trustworthy mechanic in n.y.c. always trying to rip you off.love doing my own repairs when i can.thanks again.love this website!

MPKEMPV 04-22-2007 12:18 AM

Hi Guys- New member here, and in general to any kind of forum. On this IAC valve thing, on our 2000 MPV, we have the moo sound now and then. Just had a 60K service done at dealer, and he wants $246 to install a new IAC. I can get the part from his parts department for $100, so was thinking I do it myself. Alternatively I read somewhere else that one can clean the one that's in there using some electrical contact cleaner. When I was going to remove it, I noticed that there is this extra small cable hanging off one of the nut posts ... it does not seem to be part of the IAC operation, just using the IAC bolt as a standoff. Any ideas on the cleaning angle (save me $100)? And what about that standoff ... how to remove so don't ruin that small cable? And while I'm at it, any long term negative effects about this intermittent mooing IAC valve ... what could really go bad later???$$$. Thanks, -Mike

babyhuey 04-22-2007 02:31 AM

Welcome to a new and first time forum MPKEMPV. Hope you will find some of the information that is available from fellow MPV and Mazda owners to be helpful if not enlightening. I ofter do anyway./
Noise is just that MPKEMPV, have not seen any long term problems with an IAC making the foghorn noise and failing to perform as expected. Do not even worry about any wire harness locator that is in your way of removing the attaching bolts. If you can remove without harm then all the better but if not then just break the part that is attaching to the stud without damaging the wire harness and you will be none the less worse for wear. I have tried the cleaning thing on a number of owners that could just not afford to replace and never seems to work. Design flaw is best I can figure. If you do not mind the noise then leave it alone. If it bothers you to have the foghorn noise then you can easily replace on your own. check out www.onlinemazdaparts.com and use the IAC part number and you can get one shipped right to your door with a fairly good discount on OE parts

MPKEMPV 04-22-2007 09:08 AM

Thanks for the input ... I like this forum. I looked atwww.onlinemazdaparts.com ... like the price ($78 + $4.25 s/h), but have a few questions into them wrt warranty, returns, comes with gasket?, and I assume it is a new genuine Mazda part (not rebuit item, or aftermarket). Glad to hear no long term side-effect ... guy at dealer was mentioning something about catalytic converter, and sticking gas pedal ???.He also mentioned something about installing IAC ... something about turn engine on twice or with key in ignition then out ???Can anyone shed some light on the IAC installation procedure ... I don't think any will come withnew part.
Thanks, -Mike for MPKEMPV(2000 MPV)

babyhuey 04-23-2007 05:09 PM

Installation instruction will not come with the part nor will a replacement gasket. The gasket is an OE part number AJ03-20-661. Both parts will be factory and not aftermarket from this site. It is a Mazda dealership parts department. You will probably need to contact them about warranty and return information. Parts warranty is typically one year. Replacement is very easy. Unplug the electrical connector, remove the two bolts that hold it in place, remove IAC valve and gasket and then just reinstall. You do not need to do anything like cycling the key. Just install it, plug it in, start engine and you are done.

CAK 01-24-2011 04:06 PM

IAC valve - gasket

I had IAC valve replaced on my 2000 MPV several years ago and now having same issue with horn like sound. I can buy the valve online but the gasket (Part number AJ03-20-661) is no longer listed on mazdaonlineparts site. Any idea where else I can buy it from?

crystalion 04-04-2011 04:43 PM

I just came back from the dealer to pick up a gasket and they do-not have the original--they have a NEW gasket that fits into an intake flange of some sorts.-i told him this won't work since both sides are smooth.

Even though the exploded view of the 2000 MPV showing the original old style--they do not stock it and refer it to the NEW part #..