Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   fuel filter MPV 2000 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/fuel-filter-mpv-2000-a-2781/)

safa 04-03-2006 11:31 AM

fuel filter MPV 2000

Hi!
How to change the fuel filter on МПВ 2000. I heard, that it is in a petrol tank, but I can not find the information on its replacement. Whether it can cause bad dynamics?

jjalilvand 04-03-2006 05:35 PM

RE: fuel filter MPV 2000

Fuel pump is in the tank, fuel filter is under the hood.

babyhuey 04-04-2006 03:05 PM

Older MPV at least in North American market have accessable high pressure fuel filters but in 2000 and up the filter was moved into the fuel tank and onto the fuel pump body. The filter is replaceable with part #Gy01-13-ZE0 and low pressure filter or pick up screen is part #Zl01-13-ZE1. Would definitely confirm that the problem is due to fuel pressure or volume loss as replacement is quite an ordeal. There is an access plate just to the rear of the front seats to allow for access to pump assembly. Need to remove the front seats, scuff plates, front lower console, etc, and then pull back the carpet untill access plate is uncovered.
What kind of problems are you experiencing safa??

Here is a pic of the pump and filters. High pressure filter is #2 and low pressure is #5.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/367CEC41A6C64744B5C314A7B5662A2A.gif[/IMG]

safa 04-05-2006 05:03 AM

There were no problems, then machine began to twitch. In service have recommended to replace sparks and high-voltage wires, that I and have made. At this time it became very cold, (-30 *), and the engine and has ceased to be started. And only in a warm room began possible to start the engine.
After that the failures have appeared during dispersal, it is especial is felt on the first and third transfers. That is good dynamics was gone.
But what mistakes is not registered.
There can be you will understand me.

babyhuey 04-06-2006 08:21 PM

I am sorry safa. I am not sure I fully understand. :(
I think you may be saying that the engine began to run rough or jerky, You then replaced the spark plugs and coils.
Engine will not start when it is very cold but will when is warmer. When the engine does not start in the cold does the engine turn over ( the key position where you must hold it when first starting )? Or does nothing at all happen when you go to turn the key?
By first and third transfers do you mean that the first and third shifts from the transmission are abrupt or harsh?
Mistakes is not registered I take to mean that there are no warning lights on the dash.
Please explain more.:)

safa 04-12-2006 11:05 AM

Hi babyhuey!
I and knew, that I can not explain essence of the problem. I can not translate on English more precisely.
In any case of a thank for the help!

Rainbow69 09-02-2011 11:13 AM

Is my fuel pump bad?

I had just bought this 2000 mazda mvp and It wont start. When you turn key you cant hear any humming or any nose that would imply the fuel pump has kicked on and it just turns and turns but wont start like its getting no gas.:( Is it hard to replace a fuel pump in this type of car?