Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   2005 mpv LX sport maintenance concern?? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/2005-mpv-lx-sport-maintenance-concern-6876/)

cangler 02-19-2007 03:34 PM

2005 mpv LX sport maintenance concern??

Hi,

I just recently got an 2005 MPV LX, it has less then 40K miles and was wondering a couple of things,

1. Should I get the 3,000 mile oil change, or the 5,000 mile oil change for $10 more?

2. Do I need to do any other things, like you're "suppose" to do every 30K miles (or whatever), the guy asked me at the oil change shop and I didn't know if it really needed it or not, according to the dealer, it hasn't needed anything and doesn't need anything.

Considering it's quite new, I wasn't sure if these new cars really need all that maintenance.

Thanks!

babyhuey 02-19-2007 05:29 PM

RE: 2005 mpv LX sport maintenance concern??

There is really not a lot of maintenance that is done at the 30k service cangler. oil and filter change, air filter replace and basically just inspections. Platinum plugs not due until 60K.Brake inspection is one of the more important of the whole inspection process. Wasthe vehicle purchased used from a dealer and sold as a 'certified vehicle"?
Should be a scheduled maintenance chart in your owners manual if you want to see what would be done. One thing that often gets overlooked is replacement of the cabin air filter. They can get pretty clogged up after that many miles and usage of interior fan

cangler 02-19-2007 10:14 PM

thanks for the reply,

it was purchased by the dealer used, but it only had like 20 something K miles... it being "certified" im not real sure... if i had to guess, i would say yes.

babyhuey 02-20-2007 05:12 PM

Would also expect a 20k vehicle to be sold as "certified" but that is up to the dealer. A certified is supposed to be sold with maintenance up to date but since was only at 20k when purchased, they would not have completed a 30k service anyway. Oftentimes also a "certified" vehcile comes with an extended warranty outside of regular factory warranty of 4 year/50k miles commonly called a MEPP.

cangler 02-23-2007 02:35 PM

i'll read the manual,

but just recently, like in the last week or whatever... ive noticed my right passenger speaker is not sounding good... it has this hiss/static/bass fibration that is not natural.. and im thinking something may be wrong with the speaker. if i took it to mazda ya think they would fix it? i believe the van is still under warranty.

babyhuey 02-27-2007 04:13 AM

If you are still under the 50k mile limit then is most definitely covered under warranty.