Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   2003 LX Fan Issue (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/2003-lx-fan-issue-42171/)

remyr 06-08-2019 05:29 PM

2003 LX Fan Issue

I just recently bought a 2003 LX that seems to have a fan issue. I have already replaced the fan control module and the problem persists. The fans will come on for a few seconds and then go off for a few seconds then come back on for a few seconds and then off again constantly. I also unplugged the engine coolant temp sensor to see if it would trick it into running the fans full blast but nope, same issue. It is causing the van to run a little warm after driving it around for a while. It usually only gets a little above halfway but never once has it gone more than 3/4s of the way.

ykkrs 06-08-2019 10:19 PM

You are in the wrong section, this the mpv section..

remyr 06-09-2019 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by ykkrs (Post 175355)
You are in the wrong section, this the mpv section..

Which is exactly why I posted here. Common sense told me that this is where I should ask about issues with my MPV....

remyr 06-13-2019 02:23 PM

I have noticed something else with the fans now. The radiator fan actually does come on as intended when the A/C is OFF. If I turn the A/C on then that is when BOTH fans do that constant on and off for a couple seconds at a time. Could the new fan controller already be a dud? Both fans worked right the first day it was installed.

Another thing I noticed is I always seem to lose a little bit of coolant but only to a certain point. Every couple of days I have to top off the overflow tank but it never goes below the bottom of the tank even if I go longer without topping it off. Is it safe to assume the tank has a crack in it? It seems to be a somewhat common issue from my googling. I have already replaced the cap just in case and it still does it.

Mudbutt 06-06-2021 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by remyr (Post 175443)
I have noticed something else with the fans now. The radiator fan actually does come on as intended when the A/C is OFF. If I turn the A/C on then that is when BOTH fans do that constant on and off for a couple seconds at a time. Could the new fan controller already be a dud? Both fans worked right the first day it was installed.

Another thing I noticed is I always seem to lose a little bit of coolant but only to a certain point. Every couple of days I have to top off the overflow tank but it never goes below the bottom of the tank even if I go longer without topping it off. Is it safe to assume the tank has a crack in it? It seems to be a somewhat common issue from my googling. I have already replaced the cap just in case and it still does it.

WOW! No one answered your question. My 2003 Mazda MPV just started doing the same thing. Did you ever find an answer?