Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda MPV (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/)
-   -   2002 MPV stalling while driving whenever I take my foot off the gas. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-mpv-17/2002-mpv-stalling-while-driving-whenever-i-take-my-foot-off-gas-4524/)

Mwhisler 08-23-2006 01:53 PM

2002 MPV stalling while driving whenever I take my foot off the gas.

2002 MPV stalling while driving whenever I take my foot off the gas. I notice the RPMs drop very quickly when this is going to happen (not down shifting). This just started to happen. There are 61,000 miles on it. It idles at 800 rpm. It stalls more often when the engine is cold but it still happens after an hour of driving. The check engine light is NOT on. Other than it stalling, it drives great. Any thoughts? Thanks

pdsd 08-24-2006 01:25 PM

RE: 2002 MPV stalling while driving whenever I take my foot off the gas.

Possible leaking intake manifold gasket (sucked in allowing unmetered air into the combustion chamber, resulting in fuel starvation) but that usually leaves a check light.

babyhuey 08-24-2006 11:08 PM

Check engine light on for a missfire?? Not unless it is missing a spark plug:D:D Just kidding pdsd. Could get a code set after a bit for system too lean though with a vacuum leak but may take awhile. How about ruptured PCV hose as well for the vacuum leak. Haven't seen many of those have we.:eek: A VIN status inquiry would tell you if the recall 2204H has been completed that would have replaced the faulty hose with updated rigid plastic unit. PM with your VIN if you would like me to run a quick check for you.

scott2332 10-25-2006 01:48 AM

Sounds like you need to replace the IAC motor. Very common.

Kidchaline 10-27-2020 11:46 PM

2005 mpv stalls while driving, when u take ur foot off gas

Originally Posted by babyhuey (Post 24797)
Check engine light on for a missfire?? Not unless it is missing a spark plug:D:D Just kidding pdsd. Could get a code set after a bit for system too lean though with a vacuum leak but may take awhile. How about ruptured PCV hose as well for the vacuum leak. Haven't seen many of those have we.:eek: A VIN status inquiry would tell you if the recall 2204H has been completed that would have replaced the faulty hose with updated rigid plastic unit. PM with your VIN if you would like me to run a quick check for you.

Does the 2005 mpv have a recall? Same issue, stalls when u remove foot from gas while driving. Only driving, it idles fine.

SamC 05-22-2021 04:13 PM

05 mazda blowing eng inj fuse

2005 mazda mpv.. changed coils in back... now after driving 5 minutes down road it dies... blows the eng inj fuse... seemed to idle fine for while...I pulled plennon back off checked wiring couldn't find a problem... put it back together idled fine for while so drove it 5 minutes down road and it died blowed fuse again... please help
edit... there is no check engine light on

Rob O. 05-29-2021 08:16 PM

Check Mass airflow sensor.
Also check your ground wires, they may be corroded.