Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

2 front doors perma-locked!!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Default 2 front doors perma-locked!!! HELP!

Hi guys and girls, this is my first post but I'm not new to forums, so I did my due diligance and searched around as much as I could before posting...anyway hopefully someone can be of assistance!

(background)
I bought a used, red, 2001 MPV with sport package (lip kit, 16"s etc.) and everything has been great for the past year, until last week when my front doors stopped working (a few days apart).

(problem!)
I was in a parking lot and my girlfriend and I opened both the front doors. The rear passenger door was already open when we opened ours because her son got out first. When we went to close our doors they both bounced back open. I pressed unlock on the keyfob and tried again. Still nothing.

Then I pressed 'lock' on the keyfob (aftermarket, though I doubt it matters) and both doors closed properly. Mine never opened again though. A couple of days later the passenger door stopped working immediately following a low battery that prevented the car from starting. (If I leave my headlights on for over one minute with the car not running it needs a boost to start). Now that door doesn't work either!!!

There is no noise (as with a bad actuator) when I lock and unlock the doors. It makes the sound as if it unlocked but the lock button doesn't move much.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!

Jeff