Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda Millenia (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-millenia-19/)
-   -   How To: Fixing a missing radio code. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-millenia-19/how-fixing-missing-radio-code-16552/)

Kasstastrophy 11-20-2008 07:44 PM

How To: Fixing a missing radio code.

If you are like me, you possibly might have the nice Panasonicradio that requires a code to be inputed if it lost power. Now, if your really like me... you didn"t have the code needed. Here are the steps to reclaiming your tunes and your sanity.

If you know the Owner"s Code, a four-digit code, the instructions are fairly simple:

STEP 1: Turn the ignition to ACC

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid .

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set the Owner"s Code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the display shows good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

If you don"t know the Owner"s Code, the instructions are similar.

The first goal is to get the display to flash"ERR" instead of code. Then you can enter the Dealer Code to reset the radio. Here are the steps:

STEP 1: Turn the ignition to ACC

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid.

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set any four-digit code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M. If by some chance you guessed the Owner"s Code, there will be a loud beep and the display will show good before the radio turns off. If this happens, you are done. More likely, the display will briefly show"ERR" and then change back to the flashing code.

STEP 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you have a flashingERR instead of a flashing code.

STEP 6: Press the following buttons in sequence: SEARCH, AM, AUTO-M, FM 1/2. The display should now show .

STEP 7: Set the code to 4989 using the preset buttons, as before.

Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the displayflashes good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

This will speed you on your way to getting your radio back!

-Kass

virgin1 11-21-2008 11:53 AM

RE: How To: Fixing a missing radio code.

EXCELLENT write-up, Kass!! Excellent job.

FAQed and Stickied!!

chargit 12-21-2008 11:10 AM

RE: How To: Fixing a missing radio code.

Wow, this is very good info. I am a used car dealer and this happens alot on the lot. a battery runs down, or is replaced and bam!

Thanks a bunch!

Tracy

keninn 10-22-2009 01:46 PM

great for 95-96. 97- no code needed.

soonu99 03-09-2010 05:28 AM

Hi all
I am having similar problems.
Bought new car this Saturday. Initially Code was flashing on panel initially. I have enter wrong code (By pressing AUTO M and 6 button ) after a couple of wrong attempt. Radio doesn't respond any of the command.

I tried pressing all the possible combination mentioned here and WHICH one is a SEARCH Button?
Radio is not responding at all. it only shows Err message on Display.

I ask Dealer on phone, they said they need to recode a code with a laptop and charging me £50 +VAT.
According to User manual i need to replace whole Radio.
my car model is Mazda 6 TS 2005. in this model i can't find a SEARCH button

please help
Soonu

steven444 05-19-2010 04:47 AM

i m also suffering from the same problem whats the solution of this radioiseged thing which isee

thegail 06-11-2010 01:22 PM

Stereo code

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for the RX-8, our stereo went off recently after the battery was replaced...I tried the last 4 digits of the chassis as I was informed by one dealership but that didn't work so I tried the suggestions on here but now it just flashes err...looks like will have to pay up at dealership..bit worried tho as the manual says if err flashes will have to replace whole system - anyone had this?

zoomzoomin 07-15-2010 07:07 PM

the code that worked for my 95 millenia bose/pioneer stereo

your stereo needs to be flashing the "err" for this to work.

1.) turn car on, then press in sequence: SEARCH(press the bottom of the big round button on the right where the v is), AM, AUTO-M, FM1/2

2.) the code lines shold be back enter: 4989

3.) press and hold at the same time: SEARCH (bottom v same as before) & AUTO-M

4.) should flash "good" and stereo will work again.

if this works for your car, write this down because you will need it anytime your car loses power.

i took my car to the dealer and they told me my stereo needed to be replaced and there was no code, half hour after i got home i found this code and BAM, it was the 4th different reset code i tried and it finally worked.

i have the stereo that says "bose" on the tape deck door, it has the 2 big knobs @ the bottom (volume & search) and the 6 disc player in the trunk.

Belgium-Jack 01-17-2012 04:29 AM

Mazda Premacy code autoradio

Thanks to the forum I was able to listen to the music on my radio!

The procedure was good but the code in my case was 1414 in stead off 4989

The garage did not now the possibility :)

keninn 07-29-2012 08:11 PM

we have 2 99's. i have switched head units back and forth many times. each car now has a head unit from an 00my millenium edition with 6 cd changer built in(the stock units are single cd, both bose). i also have a spare, and i also have had both units out to repair the cd changer. I HAVE NEVER, EVER, HAD TO CODE THE HEAD UNIT. i pull the old one, insert the new one, turn it on, and go. non millenia posts should be put in the proper forum, or deleted