Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Millenia Miller Cycle photos

Old 06-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Default 2000 Millenia Miller Cycle photos

Greetings;
I help my neighbor with maintenance of her 2000 Millenia with the Supercharged 2.3L V6. We just noticed the other day a pulley is starting to get noisy.
I used a stethoscope, and found it's the pulley just below the supercharger pulley. The problem is that I don't have any good photos that identify which pulley is which. It doesn't look difficult to repair, but I want to make sure I can get the right part the first time. It appears to be an idler, but I am not 100% sure.
Any suggestions, photos or other information to help me with this would be great, thanks in advance!
Paul Quintin

Old 06-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Automatic Belt Tensioner Assembly for MAZDA |KJ01-15-980C

this is also the best price for new. here is a pic, and a just obscene price:

Automatic Belt Tensioner Assembly Genuine Fits 1995 2002 Mazda Millenia | eBay

since it is the inner belt, you will have to pull the alt belt first, then that one. the good news is that IF it is just the bearing, you can get one for about 10 bucks, but it will have to be pressed out/in. this can be done with a bench vise, i have done several. the bearing is a 6203-2nse, and it fits both tensioners. if the spring is broke, you gotta get a new tensioner. used ones are around 100 bucks, and it is commonly referred to as the smooth pulley. the alt one is ribbed. the trick to removing the tensioner is to first remove the belt, this is done by turning the nut(17mm) in the middle clockwise, which will compress the spring, and then you can remove the serpentine belt. some can do it with a couple of wrenches, i aint that strong(or stupid). remember, if you replace the belt(i always do) it will be harder to go on, because the old one will have stretched a bit. i have a gearwrench tensioner tool that works great. the front(alternator) tensioner has a 14mm nut, and it turns the same way. once the belt is off, take the pulley only off, by removing the bolt. then you can easily remove the rest of the tensioner. if you do press out/in a new bearing, make sure you get the proper clearance, or the belt will rub on the tensioner. get a piece of wood, use a hole saw to make a hole slightly bigger than the bearing. using the vise, and i think a 30mm socket, you can then press the bearing out. after pressing in a new bearing, reassemble the pulley and make sure you got the correct clearance. remove the pulley, reinstall the tensioner and belt.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Kennin;
Thanks very much for this information. It helps quite a lot. I need to pass along to my neighbor what the options are. I called the local Mazda dealer, and was astounded at the their price of $420.00 for the entire assembly.
Do you know if just the pulley is available? I will check on the website you mentioned, but if you know exactly where to find it, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Paul

Old 06-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Default Oh, about he bearing...

Greetings;
In your reply, you mentioned a bearing and part number. Where would be a good source to get the bearing? Any help is great, thanks!!
Paul

Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quintin11
Greetings;
In your reply, you mentioned a bearing and part number. Where would be a good source to get the bearing? Any help is great, thanks!!
Paul
pulley alone is not sold that way. and if you google the bearing part number, about a million places to buy it come up. just about every auto parts store has them. i got my last batch from amazon. stay away from chinese made