Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

96 Xedos immobilizer issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Default 96 Xedos immobilizer issue

Hi guys, and greetings from the other side of the pond. I have a '96 Xedos-9 2.5l with an immobilizer issue, and I was wondering if anybody knew a way around it.

About a month ago, as I was visiting a local tire shop, the car refused to start after sitting some five minutes in their parking lot. Also the security light wouldn't come off. At first I thought it was something like the aftermarket alarm misbehaving, but then I pulled a fault code (1624) from the diagnostic port for the ecu not getting a signal from the immobilizer. Took it to the dealership and they said the problem was "the coil or the immobilizer module." They would've charged upwards of 1500 euros for fixing it. That's 1.5k I don't have.

The alarm is a Serpi-Star GS3-AC, and I thought maybe it has a relay somewhere between the immobilizer and the ecu. Anyone have any insight on this?

If I'd Megasquirt the whole thing, I would only have to worry about the security light, right? Assuming the immobilizer just cuts the injector signals, that is. Would be a fun in many other ways too.

Supposing the dealership mechanic was right, are the same parts used in any other cars? Finding a Xedos in a junkyard around here is less likely than a stable Euro.

If anyone knows how to turn off the whole immobilizer, please do pm me.

Also, any comments on this will be appreciated.

Dae