Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

95 millenia S with p0775 code.... what part do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 AM

Tranny has its own controller & a scanner plug in engine bay, drivers side, under the hood..those r the codes needed !! cheapest next step is to try & get a borrowed controller & check 4 codes .. but remember to try & follow other fellow members post, the cheapest one 1st .. hope we can reach a real solution soon while avoiding costly repairs ..

Old 07-29-2010, 08:58 PM

Ok the results are in.... I sold that POS and made a $1200 profit! I now drive a bad *** lifted 78 k5 blazer fully rebuilt 400 and new tranny. now, if i see a millenia on the street, i will do the owner a favor and run it over. Thank-you everyone for the advise, but ill stick to real vehicles from now on. Lesson learned.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by zoomzoomin
Ok the results are in.... I sold that POS and made a $1200 profit! I now drive a bad *** lifted 78 k5 blazer fully rebuilt 400 and new tranny. now, if i see a millenia on the street, i will do the owner a favor and run it over. Thank-you everyone for the advise, but ill stick to real vehicles from now on. Lesson learned.
you didnt learn no lesson. all you did was like lots of others, who think the only solution is the most expensive. look at the facts. the lite come on, but the trans is operating normal. that means the solenoid failed probably twice, but not totally, and probably it was only slow in operating. why? probably sticking. as i posted before, and as the last person posted, start with the cheap fix first. probably a bottle of lubegard, which is designed to loosen stuck/slow solenoids, would have fixed it. 12 bucks, done. but no, you were convinced the solenoid needed to be changed, and all you were doing was waiting for others to agree.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:13 AM

Well, seing how I posted that it WAS going into limp mode and the light returned every day or 2 then it started slipping OH! And the fact that I can't find parts for that pile anywhere, I decided to dump it. the millenia S is a beautiful car, but too rare, and nobody likes to work on them so more $$$. For a car that books for 3k at best it just doesnt make sense. Thanks for the help but times are to tough for a high maintenance vehicle.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM
t2t

Well, seing how I posted that it WAS going into limp mode and the light returned every day or 2 then it started slipping OH! And the fact that I can't find parts for that pile anywhere, I decided to dump it. the millenia S is a beautiful car, but too rare, and nobody likes to work on them so more $$$. For a car that books for 3k at best it just doesnt make sense. Thanks for the help but times are to tough for a high maintenance vehicle.
You can find parts - you just need to know where to look. Advance Auto Parts and Autozone will not have any of the specific parts the Millenia needs, just the basics - batteries, light bulbs, etc. For the real parts, you could look at Rock Auto for gaskets, filters, etc. For electrical components (solenoids, etc.), then you need to look at an on-line Mazda parts discounter (e.g. Tascaparts.com).

Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 PM

Lol, and now finally someone tells me where to get the part. Hey, thanks guys for all the advise. Zoomzoomin is now vroomvroomin... over and out.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 AM
t2t

Lol, and now finally someone tells me where to get the part. Hey, thanks guys for all the advise. Zoomzoomin is now vroomvroomin... over and out.
I didn't see your post until very recent - and, it looked like things were under control and moving along. I just joined the forum this month.

In regards to your vehicle purchase and the sale of your Millenia, if you're happy, then I'm happy. However, do note, I'm sure the upkeep on such a vehicle (lifted 4x4) will cost more than the Millenia did. Sure, some repairs may cost less - transmission rebuilds, etc., but maintaining the lift components, keeping tires on that beast and having "special" wheel alignments performed will be plenty costly ... as well as the additional gas it will drink.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:55 AM

Oh yes, I am happy. I live in colorado, I fish, camp, snowboard etc... I am already saving up for a smaller vehicle for daily use (work, store, stuff like that).

Old 08-01-2010, 04:53 AM
t2t

Oh yes, I am happy. I live in colorado, I fish, camp, snowboard etc... I am already saving up for a smaller vehicle for daily use (work, store, stuff like that).
Sounds good. My nephew lived in Colorada up until a few years ago. He's a chef and worked for one of the resorts. On his free time, he loved to snowboard. His place of employment even offered the opportunity of deducting his seasonal snowboarding pass out of his paychecks. I think he really misses the place as he's now in San Diego ... and, without as many snowboarding opportunities. But, he did have a Ford Ranger - something of a "must have" while living in Colorado for toting around all the necessary gear for his hobbies.

Enjoy!