Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

95 millenia S with p0775 code.... what part do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:14 PM

ok, new turn of events. I talked to my transmission guy, he said there is no way that the duralube will fix this problem. He then said that if it's the "shift valve B", it would cost $500-$600 to replace. After hearing this I called the mazda dealer to look for the part, he looked for 30 minutes and couldn't find it in his computer. He found a "valve shift B" part#FU9A211V5....is that the part? If not he said that mazda doesn't make the "shift valve B" and I would have to find it on my own. What the heck is going on here?

Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 PM

by the way keninn, im not doubting your idea, im just wondering if this transmission shop is trying to make me go the more expensive direction.

quoted(over the phone): around $300 for the flush and lubegard OR around $600 to replace the solenoid
both seem high to me, what do you think?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by zoomzoomin
by the way keninn, im not doubting your idea, im just wondering if this transmission shop is trying to make me go the more expensive direction.

quoted(over the phone): around $300 for the flush and lubegard OR around $600 to replace the solenoid
both seem high to me, what do you think?
what do i think? i think i'm gonna pass on this one

Old 07-16-2010, 10:50 PM

well, I guess if anyone can actually give me a part # or give me a link for the shift solenoid kit I would appreciate it. Thanks anyways keninn.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:14 PM

300 for flush and lubeguard huh? He sounds like a great guy so im guessing he's including a reach around while he bends you over. Get a new tranny guy.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:25 AM

Ha! Good one! But who gets a new tranny on a car that books at $3000. Id rather just change the part, do the flush with lubegard, then drive it onto the ground. Now, if anyone can please help me locate the part, it would really help.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM

how does it run? i would try a salvage transmission with a year warranty.if you cant put it in ,a shop probably will and total about $1300.ive seen them on EBAY for 250.not sure what the shipment would be.i have a 96 S and NO WAY would i put 3G's into it,too old but i love it. id try the flush and that stuff befor anything.i think the tranny has to come out to change those shift selonoids anyway but i may be wrong.good luck

Old 07-21-2010, 02:49 PM

its strange, but when the ce light isn't on, it runs perfect... nothing seems to be slipping. But when the ce light comes on, it goes into limp mode. I think that besides this solenoid issue the tranny is good, but u never know i guess. I'll be trying the flush/lubegard next week.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by zoomzoomin
its strange, but when the ce light isn't on, it runs perfect... nothing seems to be slipping. But when the ce light comes on, it goes into limp mode. I think that besides this solenoid issue the tranny is good, but u never know i guess. I'll be trying the flush/lubegard next week.
zoom !!! yeah...thats the info I was waiting for; zoomin !!.. maybe ur tranny 's not that bad at all !! .. I'm smelling some controller malfunctions !! (sure, sometimes I smell it myself !) .. urs a '95 that prolly has over a hundred & prolly needs some duly maintenance .. but what if ??
I mean, approach this problem from 2 diff angles at the same time..do your work, save $, be patience ! & plz, post some codes !!...
CE should light on AFTER solenoid malfunction...very rare if consequently !!

Last edited by wilfredom; 07-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM

cool, the only code I'm getting is p0755. I have a legit mechanic now who will do whatever I want for $50 an hour and i provide the parts. Here is something else that's strange, if I reset the ce light by unplugging my battery over night, it will stay off for a few days. But, if I unplug it for 15 minutes it will come back on in like 10 minutes. The car has 160k on it, but really well taken care of. I am the 2nd owner...first owner was a rich couple in their 70s and kept up on all maintenance like clockwork and no hot rodding. I have 20k to go til next timing & I know they even replaced the supercharger @ 100k. Thanks for all this help. I am new to Mazda, and really new to automatic trannys. Most vehicles I buy are from the 70s and easy for me to work on.

Quick Reply: 95 millenia S with p0775 code.... what part do i need?