Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

99 Mazda Millennia Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Default 99 Mazda Millennia Check engine light

I have a 1999 Mazda Millenia. The check engine light is on. It was blinking last week but has stopped. I have been to AutoZone and got a 1195 code. Person told me to get new spark plugs and spark wires. I went to a mechanic and he put new spark plugs and spark wires. Engine light turns off. 5 minutes from my home, lights go back on and starts blinking again. I go to a mazda dealership and they tell me to get a new EGR senor and that I need new spark plugs/wires. I told them that I had already gotten spark plugs/wires changed. So I pay for them to fix EGR sensor. I leave and engine light is off. 20 minutes later light is on, no blinking. So what is the problem? By the way check engine light was blinking Because I need new EGR sensor Valve. Do I need better spark plugs/wires?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:37 PM

you did right replacing spark plugs and wires. i have got the same problem here. i tried many things but i cant turn the check engine light off. originally i was having a misfiring in cylinder #4 and i have been told that i need to replace spark plugs and wires so i did. now the misfiring is barely noticeable but check engine light still on. next thing i will try with EGR valve and so on. they say Millenia`s are sensitive when you have a vacuum leak somewhere. so i`ll keep working on it till i get it fixed. if i get any suggestion i will let you know.