Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Code Scanner

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Default Code Scanner

Hello,I drive a 96 millenia S.Its been a wonderful car for the past 2 years that Ive had it.Not much done to it but mantenance,plugs (what a b*tch),filters,tires etc.Had to replace the radiator and ordered one from ebay for 75$.If it sounds too good to be true it is.The transmission cooler line fittings were the wrong thread so i figured it was for the 2.3 nonsupercharged,Didnt bother sending it back because as some wise man on this forum said "Not many people know anything about the MILLER CYCLE " So i figured they would say "if you have the 2.3 it should work"Ive heard that from a few part stores.Anyway im wanting to invest in a code reader that will do what I need it to do,for around 50 $.My check engine light has been on for 6 months but runs GREAT except about once a month itll do the TCS cha cha ...so figured i need the dreaded vacuum line replacement.I dont get much down time with the car so I need to be rolling by the next day at least.Id like to pin point some systems that may be affected.I have had it to 2 repair shops who, after 4 or 5 hours looking at it say"we dont have the right software" so to mazda i went.they changed the abv selonoid but not the abv vent selenoid and the light went out for about 3 months.Im getting very familiar witht the car and would rather save the money and read my own codes.Can someone recomend a model that would work for the 1996 millenia s model.thanks