Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-forum-help-suggestion-center-16/)
-   -   Suggestions on reinvigorating this site? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-forum-help-suggestion-center-16/suggestions-reinvigorating-site-36515/)

shipo 02-21-2016 05:35 PM

Suggestions on reinvigorating this site?

I’m getting back into the realm of Mazda and don’t see much going on around the WEB (discussion wise), and yet, the current crop of Mazdas on the market are very worthy of being discussed.

My 2009 Mazda3 i Touring went to college with my son and never came back; my wife and I have grown tired of the unreliability of her 2012 GTI and are ordering a 5-Door 2016 Mazda3 s Grand Touring 6-Speed manual to replace it.

The reason for this thread is, prior to my 4-year hiatus, this was a pretty active Mazda site, however, this time around I've noticed a distinct lack of activity; there's gotta be a way to get things going around here again. :)

So, suggestions anyone?

virgin1 02-21-2016 08:51 PM

This is happening to all the traditional style forums I am a member of, or are familiar with. Many can now be found on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and perform similar functions with greater functionality, if more immediate, less archival in its abilities. But then we do live in a VERY immediate world these days, and it only seems to be getting more so as time goes on.
I realize that my answer does not offer any solutions, and is more along the lines of an observation, but I feel traditional forums, which have evolved themselves over the years, may have been usurped for yet another form and little can be done to change that.

shipo 02-22-2016 08:36 AM

Hmmm, interesting; I'm a moderator on two different vehicle related forums, and if anything, they are seeing more traffic than ever these days. Go figure.

Sparky202 02-22-2016 08:10 PM

Revamp the site. Navigating here is as easy as a hippo running thru a heavily wooded forest. I am definitely not a proclaimed web designer by any means, but it seems there has to be an easier way to lay out the great information the driving public is bringing to the site.

shipo 02-22-2016 09:28 PM

There are certain conventions which need to be adhered to when using vBulletin based web forums (I'm about 99.9% certain this is a vBulletin board); within that context; any suggestions on how to better organize the top level forum menus into a usable format?

Sparky202 02-23-2016 08:28 PM

I'm not afraid to admit I don't know squat when it comes to web pages. vBulletin? If you say so. I did poke around other sites and saw they are laid out very similar, so maybe it's just me having to learn how to navigate it. I'll sit down with a I.T. friend of mine this weekend over a couple of beers and learn a few things. Great site, great info.