Mazda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Forum for members experiencing problems with the board or those who have suggestions to make the forum better.

Help! Wipers come on with blinker and lights!?

Old 06-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Question Help! Wipers come on with blinker and lights!?

Good morning. My 2005 was recently in a front end accident where the drivers side was hit by a person running a red light at 50 mph. I have had a replacement hood, bumper, headlight assemblies and radiator put on from an entire parts car that I purchased. That is after I sent it to a shop for some minor frame straightening. Car is running ok, maybe a little hot, but right now my biggest concern is that when I turn on the R or L blinker, my wipers come on! Also, when I turn the lights on, wipers come on as well. I am thinking this is a ground issue, but do not know exactly where they are all located. Also, it was suggested that maybe because the headlight assemblies were after market from the car I took them off of, they may not be compatible and is screwing up my electrical system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated here. I am going to try to figure this out myself as I have exhausted all of my monetary resources trying to get this car I only had 2 months, fixed. Thank you in advance!