Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Replace 2016 CX-9 OEM Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Default Replace 2016 CX-9 OEM Wipers

I live up in Alaska and the stock wipers are HORRIBLE in the subzero temps. I'd like to replace them with some Rain-X wipers but I've never seen these type of blades mounts. They look like they are Push Button Lock (PBL) but PBL replacement arms don't fit. The owner manual just tells you to change the blade and not the whole arm. I'm really not a fan of their stock blades but I appear to be stuck with these things that don't work well.

Anyone else figure out how to upgrade blades? Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm stuck.

Thanks, Jaysen

Last edited by kuzindwight; 12-19-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:12 PM

Jaysen, if you contact Anco and Trico, please let us know what they say. I'm not sure who makes the wiper blades for ITW Global brands marketed under the Rain-X brand. You might send them some photos of both the type of blade lock and the insert.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:08 AM

The Anco and Trico websites don't even have a blade listed on their "blade finder" for the new CX-9. Rain-X and Bosch say their blades will fit but I've had no luck figuring out how to install the Rain-X. I haven't tried the Bosch yet.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 PM

Know this is old but looking for replacement wipers on mine. I know Michelin and Goodyears DO NO FIT. Attaching parts maybe unique to this year and model.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:11 PM

You have three easy choices:
Mazda inserts. It just takes a couple of minutes to slide the old insert back then out of the slot on the bottom, and slide the new one in.
Trico ExactFit 24-17B & 18-17B. The rear is 14-A
NAPA re-labeled Trico ExactFit

There are no known winter blades yet.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:24 PM

Thanks for fast reply - will try the NAPA as we are 40 -70 miles away from other stores.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:30 PM

I got the Mazda inserts from a dealer on eBay for about $20 delivered.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:10 PM

Thanks Again. Were they hard to install? BTW some wiper sellers are saying Madza provided incorrect specifications to many of the aftermarket makers which may be reason I just wasted an hours trying all the combo fittings on a set of Goodyears.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:24 PM

The blade inserts are easier to install than to describe. Lift the passenger wiper arm. Push on the square pushbutton and pull the wiper blade free from the arm. From either end, slide the rubber insert away from the lump on the tip. Compress the rubber insert back into itself. It takes a pretty good pull. As soon as it slides past the end lump, you'll see a slot. Let the insert go out the slot to remove it. Put the new insert back into the slot the same way.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Default 2018 CX-9 Wiper Replacement Difficulties

I have a 2018 CX-9 that even with the OE version of the Bosch ICON wipers needs some type of adapter in order to fit on to the wiper arm. In your post you mentioned Mazda inserts. Do you have a part number for the inserts or better yet a link to the part that you purchased that solved the problem for you.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Replace 2016 CX-9 OEM Wipers