Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Please help! New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Default Please help! New Owner

Hi, my name Gianni new mazda owner.

Just purchased a brand new 2016 CX-9 GT. Car had 280 miles when i picked it up. I bought it last Thursday 4/27/2017 in the evening. Just washed it today for the first time and looked at it in the direct sun the whole paint job looks ruined?

Already called Mazda Customer Service, I have an appointment to speak with a regional manager as the sales manager was very rude when I spoke to him.

Attached Thumbnails Please help!  New Owner-img_3423.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3421.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3417.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3415.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3413.jpg  

Please help!  New Owner-img_3411.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3409.jpg   Please help!  New Owner-img_3407.jpg  
Old 05-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

What did you wash it with? & where? Surely it wasn't like that when you picked it up?

Old 05-03-2017, 07:06 AM

I use Meguires car wash. I have professional quality cloths, trust me I didn't do this. I am as meticulous as the next car guy when it comes to my vehicles.

On further inspection there are tiny black specs all over the front wheels. Looks like overspray? Not good! Can anyone confirm that there should not be black specs on the wheels?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Playing devils advocate, that seems like something you would have seen at time of delivery. It's not a small faint mark. Mazda is going to say the same thing. When did it show up is the unanswered question? After the wash? During the dry off? Is it in the paint? Never seen black spec's on the rims. Just throwing this out there, did you have a paint treatment done to the vehicle? Rust inhibitor? anything along those lines? I know some dealers up sell a sealer that's suppose to last forever.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:01 PM

You can only see the marks when the sun is shining right on it. You can't see any of it even with the slightest of shade. The wheels definitely have overspray on them confirmed upon even with General manager.

Just left dealership they gave me a loaner while they try to figure out what's going on.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky202
Playing devils advocate, that seems like something you would have seen at time of delivery. It's not a small faint mark. Mazda is going to say the same thing. When did it show up is the unanswered question? After the wash? During the dry off? Is it in the paint? Never seen black spec's on the rims. Just throwing this out there, did you have a paint treatment done to the vehicle? Rust inhibitor? anything along those lines? I know some dealers up sell a sealer that's suppose to last forever.
I didn't purchase any coatings. Don't know if it has one or not.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Looks like a kid's bicycle wrecked into it.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 PM

One kids bike? The entire Tour De France slammed into it. Some of it looks like hand prints. Haunted by the spirit of a deceased assembly line worker? We used to have a touch up crew that would come in and polish up used cars. Paint, buff, fix minor dents and scratches. Some of those marks would resemble if paint (overspray) got on the car and they used some type of thinner to rub out the marks, damaging the clear coat. Theory with nothing to back it, just made me think of it looking at the pic's again. Interesting to see what the Dealer comes up with

Old 05-07-2017, 07:31 AM

Sparky I'm thinking along the same lines as you are. Somehow the clear coat got "hazed" by a buffet trying to remove something. Like I said before 98% of the time you can't even see it. Waiting on dealer and Mazda reps at this point. Putting miles on a loaner right now.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Looks like vandalism. Good luck if you have Geico or Progressive.

Quick Reply: Please help! New Owner