Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-9 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/)
-   -   New Owner (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/new-owner-38292/)

ViyuPR 05-24-2017 05:38 PM

New Owner

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys!!

On Mother's Day I surprised my wife with an upgrade. We had a 2015 CX-5 GT, we got it mid 2014. I got her a Soul Red CX-9 GT AWD. I talked to the dealership and helped me surprise her. Here a pic from when we brought her back. What do you guys think? I love it so far, I was really impressed with the technology and the value you get buying a Mazda. That why i decided to step up to the 9.

Turborascal 05-25-2017 11:00 AM

NICE surprise!

Congratulations to your wife and to you for being so thoughtful.

matrix 05-26-2017 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by ViyuPR (Post 162535)
Hi guys!!

On Mother's Day I surprised my wife with an upgrade. We had a 2015 CX-5 GT, we got it mid 2014. I got her a Soul Red CX-9 GT AWD. I talked to the dealership and helped me surprise her. Here a pic from when we brought her back. What do you guys think? I love it so far, I was really impressed with the technology and the value you get buying a Mazda. That why i decided to step up to the 9.

Wow! congratulations!

The cx9 Turbo is a great SUV! I have the same (GT, Red, AWD) since june 2016 (one year so far) and had zero issues. Driving this machine is so much fun!

Mr Russ 06-16-2017 03:38 PM

Yep, got the wife the '16 CX-9 GT, Soul Red, FWD. Had it for almost a year now with ~ 9K miles and we love it.

I sold my beloved 2001 Corvette and paid off my '14 Mazda 6 GT to get the wife a new SUV. (When the 9 is paid off I get another Corvette :D) We originally got the '16 Hyundai Tucson Limited with Ultimate package. Great little SUV, lots of tech but it had the wide spread "no-go" problems with the dual clutch transmission. Hyundai bought it back and there was not another small SUV we liked. Looked at the CX-5 but not enough options even in the GT trim. Drove a CX-9 and that was all she wrote. We also drove the Honda Pilot Touring, Toyota Highlander Limited and Infinity QX60. The Mazda was on par with the Infinity and much better than the Honda or Toyota IMHO. Really wanted the Signature but it does not come in Soul Red (the only color I wanted) and I live in Phoenix AZ so the AWD is pointless. I do miss the cooling seats that the Tucson had, Mazda, hint, hint...

rosario1991 06-17-2017 06:31 AM

Great start so far. Looks nice. Carry on!

Mr Russ 06-17-2017 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Russ (Post 162921)
Yep, got the wife the '16 CX-9 GT, Soul Red, FWD. Had it for almost a year now with ~ 9K miles and we love it.

I sold my beloved 2001 Corvette and paid off my '14 Mazda 6 GT to get the wife a new SUV. (When the 9 is paid off I get another Corvette :D) We originally got the '16 Hyundai Tucson Limited with Ultimate package. Great little SUV, lots of tech but it had the wide spread "no-go" problems with the dual clutch transmission. Hyundai bought it back and there was not another small SUV we liked. Looked at the CX-5 but not enough options even in the GT trim. Drove a CX-9 and that was all she wrote. We also drove the Honda Pilot Touring, Toyota Highlander Limited and Infinity QX60. The Mazda was on par with the Infinity and much better than the Honda or Toyota IMHO. Really wanted the Signature but it does not come in Soul Red (the only color I wanted) and I live in Phoenix AZ so the AWD is pointless. I do miss the cooling seats that the Tucson had, Mazda, hint, hint...

Only gripes with this car are relatively minor. Options found on competitors at this trim level:

1. Driver seat not 8-way power as advertised and passenger only 4-way
2. Seat memory only for seat position not side mirrors, radio, HVAC, etc.
3. No cooling seats
4. No heated steering wheel (not that I need that here in AZ)
5. Remote start was expensive add on and still requires monthly subscription.
6. No power folding rear seats
7. No automatic lift gate.
---Ford has the foot sensor
---Hyundai, if you approach the rear of the car with the fob the hatch opens.
8. Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel.

Hope Mazda is considering these cause many of the other guys have them.