Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-9 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/)
-   -   Mazda CX-9 Signature Infotainment Center Problem (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/mazda-cx-9-signature-infotainment-center-problem-37389/)

Mazda USA 10-20-2016 05:54 PM

Mazda CX-9 Signature Infotainment Center Problem

1 Attachment(s)
Proud owner of a brand new 2016 CX-9 Signature. Bought it 6 weeks ago, this is my third and most beautiful CX-9 so far.

Love everything about this car only one thing bothers me, the infotainment system reboots itself from time to time, mostly of course when you need it, like driving with the navigator. It happens very randomly, the screen goes black for a while, then the Mazda Logo appears, system is booting up and then displays the main screen. This whole thing takes about 1 to 2 minutes, sometimes the music keeps playing (XM) and sometimes it just stops playing (USB).

Maps and infotainment software are up to date, OS Version is 58.00.250 NA N

The dealer said it might not be a software glitch but a defective CMU, so they ordered a new one and replaced the CMU. Unfortunately the new CMU is doing the same thing :confused:

I have never experienced something like this with my two previous model CX-9s. Does anybody experience the same problem or have an idea of whats going on?

Turborascal 10-20-2016 06:12 PM

I had a couple of random reboots.

Your firmware is NOT up-to-date!

My dealer installed updated CMU firmware (version 59.00.441) last week and I haven't had an issue since.

(This should take about a half-hour and is done at no expense to you.)

Mazda USA 10-20-2016 06:32 PM

Thank you!!! Will call the dealer first thing tomorrow morning.

matrix 10-28-2016 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mazda USA (Post 159831)
Proud owner of a brand new 2016 CX-9 Signature. Bought it 6 weeks ago, this is my third and most beautiful CX-9 so far.

Love everything about this car only one thing bothers me, the infotainment system reboots itself from time to time, mostly of course when you need it, like driving with the navigator. It happens very randomly, the screen goes black for a while, then the Mazda Logo appears, system is booting up and then displays the main screen. This whole thing takes about 1 to 2 minutes, sometimes the music keeps playing (XM) and sometimes it just stops playing (USB).

The dealer said it might not be a software glitch but a defective CMU, so they ordered a new one and replaced the CMU. Unfortunately the new CMU is doing the same thing :confused:

I have never experienced something like this with my two previous model CX-9s. Does anybody experience the same problem or have an idea of whats going on?

There is lot of reports in Mazda247 forum regarding the random reboot of the infotainment system. I experienced the issue myself as well.

Solved by removing sync of sms/email between unit and smartphone.

BTW your unit is not updated. you have an old firmware/software version.

Mazda USA 10-28-2016 06:11 PM

Here is an update: The car dealer worked with us and replaced the faulty CMU but we had the same problem with the new CMU apparently having the very same glitch. The dealership seemed a little lost which is why I went and investigated some on my own. What I found at the Mazda forum was that someone else had been dealing with same issue and had it fixed permanently after a newer software version had been installed. I told my dealership that there was actually a newer software version and I was a little disappointed that they had to get this information from me. However, finally we got an appointment and the update was completed.

All good you would think? Yes, but what is upsetting to me is overhearing the two repair guys talking about me and my "new loaded car" and how" touchy" I was that I came back again wanting that problem fixed. It sounded very condescending as if it were fun for me to have my brand new car fixed twice and as if I should just suck it up having a monitor system that goes blank all the time. They call me "touchy" because I want my new car working without any glitches and problems? Is this the new spirit in service? I paid a lot of money for a car and people at the dealership are talking behind my back and seem to be making fun of my navigation system going blank while driving while I sat there spending another hour sitting around in their lovely waiting area instead of running my own business. Just wanted to share and say that this behavior was very disturbing.

So far the rebooting problem hasn't occurred since the update, I'm hopeful that it will stay this way.

To "matrix" posting, problem is not solved by removing sync of sms/email between unit and smartphone, since this is a feature of the car, at best this is a workaround. But thank you for the hint.

matrix 11-13-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mazda USA (Post 159831)

Update:

In Mazda247 forum a couple of users updated the system with the new firmware. The reboot issue dissapear but now they don't have the option to disable/enable the tachometer from the HUD.