Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-9 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/)
-   -   CX9 window motor problems (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-9-50/cx9-window-motor-problems-38413/)

CX9 Problems 06-16-2017 05:08 PM

CX9 window motor problems

Today, both of our front Window motors went out on our 2010 CX9, the same day?? It's my wife's car and she doesn't use the Windows, so why would they go out?? I drove it today and when I put down the Drivers window (Getting food at a fast food place) it froze up on me. When I tried the passenger side, it too froze up?? I took it to the Mazda dealer close to us and $210 labor, $200 for motor (only did the drivers side today) for a total of $425.72 including tax. I must not be the only one having this problem, shouldn't this be a recall item, since others have this same issue??

Please help me out🤔

fsurocks81 06-27-2017 10:09 AM

I have the same problems with my 09 CX-9 and I'm venturing to repairing it myself, I was quoted $535 for one side and an additional $210 for the other side since its a one time diagnostic charge. It's ridiculous. Both windows didn't go out same day but a week within each other.

jcn23 08-04-2017 09:47 PM

I've had the drivers side window motor die twice. And now the back window also drivers side is dead. I rarely have passengers so I haven't gotten it fixed yet.

grim_reaper 08-05-2017 04:10 AM

Looking online, you can get aftermarket motors for under $100. Labour shouldn't be more than an hour.

Some of you are being ripped off with labour quotes.

BB_2012_CX9 06-04-2022 09:27 AM

2012 cx9

3 windows failed on our 2012 CX9. Dealer repaired 1st one, front passenger. Think they said it was the regulator. Now driver's is out and rear passenger.

Originally Posted by CX9 Problems (Post 162923)
Today, both of our front Window motors went out on our 2010 CX9, the same day?? It's my wife's car and she doesn't use the Windows, so why would they go out?? I drove it today and when I put down the Drivers window (Getting food at a fast food place) it froze up on me. When I tried the passenger side, it too froze up?? I took it to the Mazda dealer close to us and $210 labor, $200 for motor (only did the drivers side today) for a total of $425.72 including tax. I must not be the only one having this problem, shouldn't this be a recall item, since others have this same issue??

Please help me out🤔

rhicks76 06-18-2022 09:09 PM

2008 cx9

I have replaced both front motors twice and just finished replacing the gears in the front driver motor today. I am now having a problem with the driver switch not moving the front passenger window.

The car is over 14 years old and has plenty of plastic parts that are getting brittle in the Texas heat!

dw00 07-27-2022 08:49 AM

I have not had motors fail but I have replaced gears in the motors of Front Driver and Rear Pass windows. The gears have teeth break off resulting in motor clicking sound. Easy fix with multiple videos on YouTube and parts available on Amazon and Ebay. In fact, Rear Driver side window is on my repair list now. To confirm if your problem is broken gear teeth, have assistant pull up on glass while you activate switch. The upward assistance will allow motor to move past broke teeth on the gear and complete movement of the window. My CX9 is now 11 yrs old and 300K+ miles so these plastic failures are not unexpected.