Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

CX9 Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Default CX9 Seats.

Hello !
I would like to ask people who own a new Cx9 in regards to the comfort of front seats. The new CX-9's are perfect in almost every way for a family car for us, but coming out of a ford Full size sedan, despite the CX-9s being a big wide and long car i found the front two seats uncomfortable.
The center console seems to be angled in a way that you are restricted to the movement of your legs horizontally, and the seats itself seems to be narrow for my body type. The 2nd row seats feel really comfortable and its a wonderful car but please share your experiences with me on this.
Regards
David

Old 02-04-2018, 09:00 PM

David,

My 2018 CX-9 is comfortable enough for me (and I am not a skinny chick), but I do recognize what you are saying about the console. The console is just like a cockpit and it's rather uncomfortable if you are used to open space. The placement of the cup holders is awkward. I can overlook that, though for the comfort and quiet that the vehicle delivers. The console becomes very intuitive quickly and much better than my Honda CRV touchscreen was. Hated that thing.

I can say that there seems to be a difference between the seats in the model I have (Grand Touring) and the Signature. The Signature had the nice "woody" interior and high-end leather seats, but there was a cording around the edge of the seat that was downright painful to sit on. I had a chance to get a Signature for the same price as the Grand Touring and just couldn't do it. The Grand Touring seats are a bit more flat on the edges and don't cut into my legs.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jen

Old 01-30-2019, 09:22 PM

Hi, I have a 2018 Azumi, and the seats are absolutely terrible. Incredibly uncomfortable. I've been speaking with Mazda about this, and looks like it's "as designed"....

Old 02-02-2019, 06:05 PM

I'm a smaller guy( 5'8" 160 lbs) and I find the seats to be very comfortable ( 2018 CX-9 GT). We came from a 2016 CX-5 so we were used to Mazda's slightly firmer seats. I think on longer trips you want a firmer seat cushion for all day comfort. It is an enclosed ****-pit type set up and there is not a lot of room to move your legs around much. It's just the way it's set up. It works for me and my wife but I can see it not working for much larger people. I also chose a GT over the Signature because as good as the seats look I did not like the additional piping and they will show wear much more than the black leather in the GT. Just my opinion.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:40 AM

Have the 2019 CX9 Signature and have to say I really like the seats. Could not imagine any adjustment option that I do not have available on the seats. Also the ventilation on the seats is great in the very hot weather.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:29 AM

I have a 2018 Signature and also find no issue with the seats at all. I am 6' and 200 lbs and have not issue with them. I have not taken any long trips yet (will have a 3.5 hour drive next week) but will report back after that trip!

Old 03-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Nex

The ONLY 2 issues with this wonderful car:
1.Cockpit is just too tight , the center console cuts across on an angle the inhibits a bigger guy to have leg room. Its tight, and sit wide, I can`t understand how and who they sat in the cockpit to design the area..
But, I can live with that.,. but what I can not believe and can not stand.. is

2. How dam cheap Mazda was to not include a F****N TILT on the GT drivers seat.. A 2017 CX-9 GT Model, and there is no TILT.. a $50,000 car and no tilt seat position.
Simply ridiculous.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:13 PM

Ii have never heard of or seen the CX-9 GT Model. Is that a US model or are you overseas? I agree in the cockpit room...not very much for anyone who is not a twig.

I know what you are saying about the cockpit console.

I really am not complaining about the vehicle. I love mine, just that it has a couple of quirks, the noise from the back being the worst. Really hope it's fixed. Maybe you can prop some foam pieces behind your license plate holder and see if it helps? My plate felt tight to me, but maybe it was slapping or something.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nex
The ONLY 2 issues with this wonderful car:
1.Cockpit is just too tight , the center console cuts across on an angle the inhibits a bigger guy to have leg room. Its tight, and sit wide, I can`t understand how and who they sat in the cockpit to design the area..
But, I can live with that.,. but what I can not believe and can not stand.. is

2. How dam cheap Mazda was to not include a F****N TILT on the GT drivers seat.. A 2017 CX-9 GT Model, and there is no TILT.. a $50,000 car and no tilt seat position.
Simply ridiculous.
They must have changed the front seat mechanism for 2018 because my GT will tilt up from the front or down in the rear when I slightly twist the lever that moves the seat back and forth. I am average build ( 5'8" 170 lbs) and I can find multiple seat positions that are comfortable for me. I agree that the cockpit that they created with the large high center console decreases lateral leg movement but for me it's a non factor and I actually like it that way.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SedonaDreaming
Ii have never heard of or seen the CX-9 GT Model. Is that a US model or are you overseas?
GT = Grand Touring

Quick Reply: CX9 Seats.