Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Bose amp interface w/ aftermarked radio (2013 CX-9)

Old 06-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Default Bose amp interface w/ aftermarked radio (2013 CX-9)

Hello,

I have a 2013 CX-9 GT (Bose amp and navigation-ready head unit) and I am trying to replace the head unit with an Android (KLD MTCD) unit. I am having however problems driving the Bose amp. No matter what I do all I get is 2 beeps per second at maximum volume out of the amp. I tried the CAN bus adapter that came with the unit and also a PAC RP4-MZ11 with the same result. I fed the amp using the preamp outputs of the unit and also the speaker outputs through a Scosche SLC4 line-level output converter, again everything with identical results.

So my question is, does anybody know what do those loud beeps signal? A solution to the problem will be great, but knowing what the problem is would also be extremely useful. Many thanks!

Old 07-18-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bruda View Post
Hello,

I have a 2013 CX-9 GT (Bose amp and navigation-ready head unit) and I am trying to replace the head unit with an Android (KLD MTCD) unit. I am having however problems driving the Bose amp. No matter what I do all I get is 2 beeps per second at maximum volume out of the amp. I tried the CAN bus adapter that came with the unit and also a PAC RP4-MZ11 with the same result. I fed the amp using the preamp outputs of the unit and also the speaker outputs through a Scosche SLC4 line-level output converter, again everything with identical results.

So my question is, does anybody know what do those loud beeps signal? A solution to the problem will be great, but knowing what the problem is would also be extremely useful. Many thanks!
I have been SO unhappy with the stock stereo, did you get your aftermarket unit to work with the Bose amp?