Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Alternate Sirius Attachment To Bose Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Default Alternate Sirius Attachment To Bose Head Unit

Hi all - brand new CX-9 GT owner here! I've got the Bose Sound / Rear Entertainment / Navi / Tech / Assitance Pkg / etc - but no factory installed Sirius tuner.

I opted not to get the Sirius tuner from the Mazda dealer because theywanted a RIDICULOUS amount of money for their tuner (Mazda part# 0000-81-G01A - $380) not to mention the ridiculous amount of money they want to install it (at least $100).

There has got to be another solution to integrate Sirius into the head unit using the interface on the back of the radio, no?

I've heard rumors that the Sirius Connect is my best way to go (Sirius Model# SIR-GM1) even though the this particular model is listed as being for GM model cars. In fact, even Sirus has told me on the phone that this part will work in place of the factory part. The kicker is that I can get this part and the installation for $58+tax at the local Circuit City ...

Has anyone tried this approach? Is there another solution that will allow me to control Sirius through the head-unit? That is probably the most important piece of the puzzle - I need to have a solution that integrates with the head unit/sterring wheel. The last thing I want to do while driving is fumble around for a Sirius controller.

Thanks in advance for any advice!