Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   Tranny issues at 1200 miles!!!! UPDATED (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/tranny-issues-1200-miles-updated-5567/)

NTHECRUX 11-14-2006 04:38 AM

Tranny issues at 1200 miles!!!! UPDATED

Hey guys/girls I am new to the forum but I thought I would make a post to see if anyone had had a similar experience with there CX-7. I bought mine about a month ago from my local dealer with exactly 500 miles on it. It was great. I was really excited about it even though I knew I would miss the EVO 8 I traded for it. So the first weekend I had it I took it on a bit of a road trip (400 miles mostly highway ) and overall I was extremely happy with it. Drove good, road good, was comfy everything was what I expected. So I drove it in town and as my commuter car for the next week and it seemed to be just fine. I was pretty careful with it like I am with all new cars that need a few easy miles to break in. And then it happened. I went out one morning to go run an errand and did just as a always do and let the car warm up for maybe 30 seconds or so just until it begins to idle down a bit. And I back out of the garage and the driveway everything seems fine. I put it in Drive and no problems but as I accellerate it is a bit jerky and by second gear I notice its slipping then it shifts hard in to third and the revs go up but its obvious its not in gear. I maybe have gone a 150yrds by this point and my car is not wanting to go past 25 mph withought comming out of 3rd gear completely. So I limp it back home without 4th 5th 6th or reverse and 1st 2nd and 3rd gears slipping horribly and check all the fluids and do a decent check of anything I could think of and try again to no avail. So I call the dealer and have it towed to them they say they'll take care of it. Next day I go up there to see waht they have found out and they say it drives fine but they passed along my info to mazda and are waiting on a response. The next day they call me and tell me that the mazda engineers are looking into the problem and they will probably replace the transmission valve body. Another day goes by and they call me again and tell me that mazda has said to go ahead and replace the whole transmission. I say fine and the give me a a dirty orange tribute thats out of gas to drive till mine is fixed. So at this point I they have had my car for longer than I have and Im stuck making my first payment on a car I have only had for 10 days. [&:] So it seems that the engineers as mazda have heard of this problem before so I thought I'd post and see if anyone else had similar problems with there CX-7's ? Sorry or the long first post I just wanted to be as accurate as possible.

NTHECRUX 11-21-2006 03:16 PM

RE: Tranny gone at 1200 miles!!!!!!!!!

*****Update*****

I recieved the car back on the NOV 15th after them replacing the valve body even though they said they could never get the transmission to do anything out of the ordinary. When I picked the vehicle up from service it was cold an and so I thought nothing of it when it shifted hard from first to second gear leaving the service parking lot. I continued to drive it back to my house approx. 15 miles on the highway. I noticed that the car did shift a little more firmly but I attributed it to the cold weather and dissregaurded it. However I did notice that on the highway it would not go into 6th gear until I reach approx. 70 mph and at about 10% throttle. I would say thats when I got a bit concerned. Gas being the price it is I dont want to be running the engine at 3k rpms going down the highway when I have a sixth gear. So the next day I'm driving it to work and it begins to have the same problem that it originally had not being able to choose a gear and when it was in gear it would slip extremely bad so that I could barely go more that 35mph. So on the 16th I had the car towed from my work back to the service dept again. I call them the next day and geuss what, they cant seem to get the car to do anything out of the ordinary. However they have passed along my info to Mazda and mazda has decided to send some of there japanese engineers to look at the car and try to better diagnose the problem. THe engineers got here yesterday the 20th of NOV. and I told them the whole story and that I felt like I had been ripped off and even if they though they could fix the car the I didnt have any faith in it and the number of attempts that they have had to fix it in the past intitles me to a refund or a replacement vehicle under the missouri lemon law. They said they would get it fixed and discuss that afterward. SO just to review I have been driving a Mazda Tribute 22 days now when I bought an 2007 CX-7 a month ago. So I have 150 views on this thread and not a single reply. What do you guys think ? Should I perssue the lemon law?

jason_ng011 11-27-2006 02:04 AM

Yes, I think you should pressure on the lemon law. If a brand new car has that serious problem, it should be replaced immediately by the manufacturer to prevent any accident that may occur. I have the CX7 almost for three months and it's been runnig great. One thing I do notice on my car is that it won't shift to the 5th gear until it reaches 40MPH and the 6th gear at 50MPH.

NTHECRUX 12-05-2006 02:08 PM

Finally after over a month of not having the car I am paying for they aranged to get me a mazdaspeed3. They say they are buying the cx-7 back at full price but we'll have to wait and see.

NTHECRUX 12-13-2006 07:46 PM

Well saturday I finally got a silver speed3 gt. They bought the CX-7 back a full purchase price. Overall I ended up having the CX-7 a total of 10 days and drove a loaner Tribute 42 days. I hope the Speed3 goes a little better for me.

mazda guy 12-26-2006 04:19 AM

I am sure it will. You may like the 3 better. All cars have problems. From A BMW to a Kia. But in my opinion, Mazdas are so nice, I can deal with some minor issues as long as it doesn't affect my wallet. Mazdas are so much nicer then most of the other cars out there that a Mazda lemon car would still be more fun to drive then a GM car that doesn't have any problems! Mazdas have something that most other cars don't have. Personality!