Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Anyone buy the 2017 CX5 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Default Anyone buy the 2017 CX5 yet?

I can see lots of pros- Are there any cons?

Old 06-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Well, my mate bought one on lease from here https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...-lease-289-mo/ and he is delighted, but the thing is he spent so much money on it that even if there are cons, and i'm sure there are he won't tell me because of pride, so from what I heard I can tell you it's superb, but you have look deeper in the net for the real info.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:34 AM

Spam!

Old 06-12-2017, 03:13 PM

I bought one yesterday. Love all the pros, but the seats are bumpy and narrow.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Sure...just got ours Sunday. Love everything about it - no cons so far.

If you didn't like the seats I'm not sure why you would buy the car - do you think they'll get better over time? [shrug]

Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 AM

Just bought it last week. Only 2 cons i have.
One is the engine. I came from a 3.6 Subaru Outback, so I'm use to a good acceleration, however a good acceleration isn't gonna help you get out of the snow pile. I do believe the engine power is adequate for my daily needs. Of course there is the "sport mode" that can provide the extra power, but I haven't played with it too much yet since I haven't even broke it in yet.
It's smooth, comfortable, and handles well. Much more comfortable ride than my outback.
Second is the Utility aspect. It has a smaller cargo room in the back compared to a Honda CRV. Also, it has no roof racks! I bargained with the dealer to get a free roof rail and crossbars put in (usually would cost around $600). But overall, I am very very happy with my purchase.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM

Pulled the trigger last month. Really happy with it so far. Got the touring with no extras, but a decent end of year deal. the crossbars and roof rails would have been nice but i don't really see myself using them much so it doesn't bother me that much.
Overall really happy with everything. Right now just trying to find a good trunk mat to protect the carpet. Thinking between the official mazda cargo liner : http://amzn.to/2Daj9IF
or the this oem tray: http://amzn.to/2CYGDD8. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also trying to figure a good phone mount solution. So far feels like air vent magnetic holders are the only decent option. Hoping someone has a better solution.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:53 AM
Default con CX 5 GT

If your thinking about buying a CX5 GT stay away from the crystal red color the paint seems to be very thin chips like crazy swirl marks in the paint even though never been through a car wash trying right now to work something out with Mazda finding their just like the rest they get your money and they don't know you anymore there also is a problem with start up in the real cold weather sounds like a tank can't drive it till it warms up they are suppose to be working on this problem heard nothing.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Just bought a 2017 white awd touring model...so far so good

Old 03-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Default Cx5 2017

No problems with the white the crystal soul red is a new color for 17 I'm thinking they "-------" up

Quick Reply: Anyone buy the 2017 CX5 yet?