Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   Replace Blown 150 AMP fuse on positive battery cable (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/replace-blown-150-amp-fuse-positive-battery-cable-39487/)

The Gunny 02-12-2018 06:58 PM

Replace Blown 150 AMP fuse on positive battery cable

Has anyone replaced the fuse that is on the positive battery cable? The stealership wants $1000 for the entire emissions harness. Has anyone fabricated a cable with an inline fuse to replace the OEM?

Mazdaboy75 06-25-2018 10:24 AM

Yes you can....

You can use an aftermarket or rigged fuse you make yourself. The best and cheapest in my opinion is car audio blocks. Fuses.. distribution blocks for replacement. Their top quality. Usually stainless for corrosion. You could split the wiring and wire in any type of 150 Amp fuse. It's a direct power to the battery/harness. Use the little module they supply too if you want too. The little capacitor. But not needed.

The Gunny 06-29-2018 12:34 AM

Thanks, MazdaBoy that is exactly what I did and it works fine. I appreciate your input.

kreuserco@comcast.net 10-04-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunny (Post 168560)
Thanks, MazdaBoy that is exactly what I did and it works fine. I appreciate your input.

I have the same issue with the main fuse blown in the battery cable and was quoted $1500 for a new harness. What did you use to replace to replace it?

I'm looking at the InstallGear 0/2/4 Gauge AWG In-Line ANL Fuse Holder with 150 Amp Fuse on Amazon.

What did you end up using, any advice

Mazdaboy75 10-04-2018 11:55 PM

Any in line fuse will work if...

If it's a single power wire. Like a thick 4/6/8 gauge power wire. A car audio in line fuse holder will work perfect. Just to replace the main fuse part itself. Stealerships are outrageous for most parts. So yeah if it's outta warranty and your not concerned about cutting a cable and spending 10 minutes on swapping out a fuse holder by all means save yourself literally hundreds of dollars and buy a $5/10 in line fuse. A few more dollars if you need a higher fuse than what comes with them. And replace it.

[

QUOTE=The Gunny;166180]Has anyone replaced the fuse that is on the positive battery cable? The stealership wants $1000 for the entire emissions harness. Has anyone fabricated a cable with an inline fuse to replace the OEM?[/QUOTE]

Mazdaboy75 10-04-2018 11:58 PM

Inline fuse from eBay.

eBay in line fuse. Same ones at Walmart and local car audio shops. Tube shaped. Has Allen screws to clamp wire down and rubber boot that shifts over top of the wiring to ensure it stays dry.
Replace the 80 amp that came with it. It's pretty heavy duty so I was able to a 140-200 amp fuse in its place.

Originally Posted by kreuserco@comcast.net (Post 170295)
I have the same issue with the main fuse blown in the battery cable and was quoted $1500 for a new harness. What did you use to replace to replace it?

I'm looking at the InstallGear 0/2/4 Gauge AWG In-Line ANL Fuse Holder with 150 Amp Fuse on Amazon.

What did you end up using, any advice