Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   Rear door locking failure (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/rear-door-locking-failure-40263/)

GLW 07-17-2018 10:55 PM

Rear door locking failure

Why is there not a recall on such a significant on-going problem with rear door locking mechanism on the CX 7 Mazda vehicle?

If, in fact, there is no recall to repair such a failing system on this vehicle then Mazda needs to rethink there longevity as a producer of quality vehicles.

grim_reaper 07-20-2018 07:18 AM

Whats wrong with them?

GLW 07-20-2018 09:27 PM

Response

Rear doors will not unlock via remote. I can hear the mechanism inside the door struggling. The front doors will unlock and lock but not the back doors.

grim_reaper 07-22-2018 05:30 AM

Why do you think it needs to be a recall?

They are a old vehicle now. Nothing is built to last.

GLW 07-22-2018 12:17 PM

Quality Matters

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 169001)
Why do you think it needs to be a recall?

They are a old vehicle now. Nothing is built to last.

But of course quality matters. The vehicle is only 7 years old and the locking mechanism life span should be one of the last systems that fails. My Previous vehicle was a 21 year old Mazda and it was well made. Quality does matter. This must be the wrong forum. Didn’t know that this was the Mazda Damage Control Division. The only reason I posted my remarks in this forum was awareness and in hopes that Mazda and affiliates will assist in problem solving.

Arkainzeye 10-16-2018 07:25 AM

WHAT’S A RECALL AND WHEN IS IT NECESSARY?
A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car
seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards.
Manufacturers are required to fix the problem by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund, or
in rare cases repurchasing the vehicle.
The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle
safety as “the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that
protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design,
construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death
or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle.” A defect
includes “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor
vehicle or motor vehicle equipment.” Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that
exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:
• poses a risk to motor vehicle safety, and
• may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture, or items of
equipment of the same type and manufacture.