Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

P2100 and P0222

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:47 PM
Default P2100 and P0222

I have P2100 open circuit to the throttle control actuator and P0222 low voltage to the TPS. I have check resistance on the control motor at 2.5 ohms, Checks ok. On my connector with ignition on I have 5v on the first 2 leads and then zero volts on the other 4 leads. I do not have 12v on any of the leads which leads me to believe I have a ground open and the reason I have P2100. I could really use a link to a wiring schematic or any helpful hints where to look, other than wires inbetween fuse box and ECM. Thank you for your help. 2008 Mazda CX7 2.3 Turbo 133K Fixer rebuilt engine.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

DTC P2100
Throttle actuator circuit open

DETECTION CONDITION• PCM monitors the electronic throttle valve motor current. If the PCM detects that the electronic throttle valve motor current is below the threshold current, the PCM determines that the electronic throttle valve motor circuit has a malfunction.
Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM).
• MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition during the first drive cycle.
• FREEZE FRAME DATA is available.
• DTCs are stored in PCM memory.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Poor connection of throttle body connector or PCM connector
• Short to the ground between throttle body terminal F and PCM terminal 2A
• Short to the power supply between throttle body terminal F and PCM terminal 2A
• Open circuit between throttle body terminal F and PCM terminal 2A
• Short to the ground between throttle body terminal E and PCM terminal 2B
• Short to the power supply between throttle body terminal E and PCM terminal 2B
• Open circuit between throttle body terminal E and PCM terminal 2B
• Throttle actuator malfunction
• PCM malfunction

DTC P0222
TP sensor No.2 circuit low input

DETECTION CONDITION• If PCM detects that the TP sensor No.2 voltage is below 0.2 V after the ignition switch to the ON position, the PCM determines that TP circuit has a malfunction.
Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM).
• MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition during the first drive cycle.
• FREEZE FRAME DATA is available.
• DTCs are stored in the PCM memory.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Connector or terminal malfunction
• TP sensor malfunction
• Open circuit between throttle body terminal B and PCM terminal 2AO
• Open circuit between throttle body terminal C and PCM terminal 2AL
• Short to ground between throttle body terminal C and PCM terminal 2AL
• Short to ground between throttle body terminal B and PCM terminal 2AO
• PCM malfunction

Last edited by grim_reaper; 08-24-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Months go by and still working on it. I replaced the TPS, it was bad. Now I have codes 222 and 123. One side is high and the other is low. I checked the electric gas pedal. It has 6 wires: 2 wires have 5v and 2 grounds and 2 outputs that read 1.6v and 1.06 With ignition on I depress the pedal and the output is 3.9 and 3.4 respectively. I found my connector on the TPS will not click into place. It will go all the way in but not click and lock. I did check for opens/ shorts from TPS connector to ECM and found nothing. Engine will start but TPS is non responsive. Idle is rough.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:17 AM
Question Throttle blades not moving, rough idle.

Did you figure this out, i also just rebuilt my cx7 engine and have the same two codes and throttle blades do not move at all. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cx7tim
Did you figure this out, i also just rebuilt my cx7 engine and have the same two codes and throttle blades do not move at all. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Yes, I replaced the throttle body and the 6 pin connector and it worked. I remember I was not getting correct voltage to the connector and even after that fix it was better but not accelerating. I did replace the accelerator but that was not the problem. It was the throttle body. Best price I found was $157 at rock auto. Be sure it has the motor in it. Some sell it without. Also, here is a very helpful 2007 mazda pdf shop manual to help you trouble shoot those codes. https://www.mazdabg.com/ftp-uploads/...zda%20CX-7.pdf

Old 05-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Talking Throttle Body Connector on backwards

Thanks a million for your prompt response. I have fighting with this thing since yesterday. I had already put a junkyard throttle body and accelerator pedal sensor on and was thinking it they were bad, also. Your link to the trouble code info helped me figure out with a meter that my connector was plugged in backward. The connector fits either way, just fits much better the correct way. She fired right up after that. OMG, what a relief but at the same time i feel like a jackass after just changing the motor out with no problem by myself in the driveway and having this stump me. Thanks again.

Old 11-26-2021, 05:58 AM

Older post but very similar issue to mine. I have codes P2100 and P0220. Was your issue intermittent? The codes on mine are permanent but most times I can start it up and drive it with no issue whatsoever. I cleaned the throttle body and did a relearn. Mine is a 2010 so it doesn't have the potentiometer style sensors for either the throttle body or the accelerator pedal. It uses hall effect sensors so I have no way to actually test them but as I said, when it works, it works fine. The reason I ask is because I can believe an intermittent issue with potentiometer sensors but not so much with the type I have.