Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

"new" cx-7 owner. Terrified by research.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by goldsworthy
As long as you bought the dealership extended warrantee at time of purchase these costly repairs will cost you nothing!
Never in the history of anything have I seen an extended warranty offered on a 7-8 year old vehicle with close to six digits on the odo. My Jeep was 7 years old with only 30k on the odo when I bought it with no implied warranty from the dealer. Same with my Honda S2000. 7 years old with 40k. No warranty.

I took the Mazda out driving around SLC in stop and go traffic last night. It's whisper quiet now. I kept turning down the radio to make sure it was running. Sitting at a stoplight I could hear the stock exhaust of an RS4 in front of me over the Mazda. It was such a comforting feeling knowing that the issue was resolved...knock on wood.

With all of that said the dealer is pushing us to use this stuff called BlueChem. Apparently it helps clean out sludge from the motor but it seems like it could be more snake oil like BG. Has anyone heard of or used this stuff? I sold BG products with similar claims at a Ford dealer back in 2007 and made good money doing it but almost every vehicle I sold the services on came back with some problem or another it seemed like.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:54 AM

7-8 year old car? It is time for you to buy a 2014-2015 car!.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 AM

If it's coming out of your pocket and you handle the massive depreciation of a new car, sure.

I daily mildly built 2006 Unlimited Rubicon that will run most trails in Moab and I can turn around and jump in it and drive to San Diego without blinking and it still has under 55k. It cost me almost $20,000 less to buy and build that Jeep than it did to go buy a comparable 2015 model off of the showroom floor.

Her CX-7, now that the VVT issue is fixed, runs and drives perfectly fine and cosmetically looks brilliant for it's age and mileage.

Right now at my young age I'm far more concerned with pooling every available cent into a substantial down payment on a home to give my family a good start than keeping up with model years.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cusser
These CX-7 models have history of leaking from the seal between the oil cooler and the assembly that houses the oil filter cartridge. Bad news is that Mazda acknowledges bad design, has re-designed the oil cooler assembly, costs like $500 instead of engineering a new seal. Daughter bought aftermarket oil seal to correct this from Ebay retailer, and I installed this last Saturday, so OK so far. I read some just coat the old seal with RTV and re-install that.

Also, these CX-7 are known to have poor AC performance, and the original 2007 and 2008 compressors have history of locking up while driving, disabling the vehicle. Mazda finally conceded, and if such failure occurred before 60K miles, they would take care of it. But only if it failed then.
Cusser,

How did that new seal work out for you over these years?
I have a leaking oil cooler in my 2007 CX-7 (2.3L, TC) and am looking for parts advice.