Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   has anyone compared CX-7 vs. Acura RDX? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/has-anyone-compared-cx-7-vs-acura-rdx-16951/)

ggman 12-29-2008 07:37 PM

has anyone compared CX-7 vs. Acura RDX?

in market for small CUV. My final two are down to RDX vs. CX-7 .....I like both for different reasons. I'd be curious of other's input on this.

Alpha Wolf 12-30-2008 01:07 PM

RE: has anyone compared CX-7 vs. Acura RDX?

Well the RDX is more expensive by like 10,000 dollars.

You can get a sport for low 20 thousands but look for 32 plus for the RDX.

The Mazda is a good car. It is what I own. Handles better than my old Trans Am with way more room. Over 6 footers can sit in the back.

Has a little lag initially when taking off. But with a few mods and correct driving it leaves pretty hard. Mine will bark all four tires.

It feels much smaller than it is when you drive it. That is what sold me. All the the other SUVs felt more like trucks not sporty cars.

Drive both and check features and buy the one that meets your needs and desires and budget.

I RDX is a good car but costs way more. If you need those features it may be worth it.

wwest 01-07-2009 02:37 PM

If you have occasion to need, truly need, AWD, then the RDX's SH-AWD system ishead and shoulders improvement over ANY other F/AWD system. On the other hand if you're like me and willing to install tire chains in those times of need then even a wannabe "AWD" Lexus RX3X0 or Highlander will suffice.

Alpha Wolf 01-13-2009 02:07 PM

WWEST

I would like to know besides hype why you think it is head and shoulders above any other AWD system? I have heard owners spout the marketing hype all over the internet. I have yet to actually see a neutral test where they actually tested functionality against other systems.

I find that I need hard numbers from a neutral party to base such claims on. I do not post around that the Mazda AWD is bla bla bla better etc than the world. I know it is good. I know it works in such a fashion that it does do anything wrong so far as my uses have tested. On pavement wet/or dry the car just hooks up and goes with neutral handling. I am not sure how the Acura AWD could do better than that. Is it lighter? Cost less to have or maintain? Or does it somehow make it handle better? If so, I would like to see proof of this not just the normal marketing speak.

Since the CX does not oversteer or understeer in hard cornering I fail to see the need for all the band aids that the Acura's have to help out their cars tendency to do both. It seems to me that Acura chose to do with software/hardware in the AWD system what the chassis designers should have done when they designed the chassis/suspension. More stuff is just more stuff to buy, more stuff to maintain. ie more cost.

If you have a link for an independant comparison of actual systems please post it up as I would be interested in reading it.