Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

2007 cx7 TCS, ABS, TCS off lights Fuel gauge not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Default 2007 cx7 TCS, ABS, TCS off lights Fuel gauge not working

Hello Mazda wizards! I was recently “gifted“ a 2007 CX7. The car is in good shape except for the fact that I believe a pack rat got in for a short period of time in the hood.

The car runs just fine and performs OK so far. However, as mentioned in the headline the ABS, TCS, TCS off, and check engine lights are illuminated. The gas gauge is also not working. As far as I can tell these are the only symptoms.

I haven’t had time to mess with it much, but I did do a quick visual inspection and so far I am unable to see any chewed wires. My first inclination was that the ground was bad. Just on a preliminary visual inspection it looks like the ground to the side fender is good from the battery as well as the ground to the strut on the passenger side near the alternator. However I have not tested the battery yet. The battery looks to be brand new.

I tried to search the forums, but the search doesn’t seem to turn up anything that is my exact problem. Does anyone know where I should start looking?

Many thanks!

Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 AM

I should also mention that the previous owner said that the problem started when they got back from an extended trip after the car sat outside. Prior to that he had an intermittent check engine light but the Dealer had been unable to find a fix for the problem and said that the car was working fine.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Have you had it scanned for codes?

Old 09-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Yes, and the only code it is throwing is the fuel gauge code. Can’t remember the number of it but that’s what they said it was.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:31 PM

OK so I worked on it today. Found out that the battery was going out so I replaced it with a new one I also found two wires to the driver side wheel sensor had been chewed so I replaced them. Cleaned everything up hooked the battery up and… No start.

The ABS light is now off so there’s one problem down, but a new one is much worse than not being able to start.

I tried unlocking and locking the doors with the FOB, replacing the FOB battery, still nothing. I can hear the fuel pump start when they turn the key on but other than that it will not start. Any ideas?

Old 09-11-2019, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Does the engine crank over when you try to start it?

Old 09-11-2019, 06:42 AM

No, it does not crank or click

Old 09-11-2019, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

What is the red immobiliser light doing? Does it go out, or flash when you try to start it?

Old 09-11-2019, 06:46 AM

It blinks when key is out of the ignition and when in the ACC position, but goes off when turned to ON and doesn't flash when trying to start

Old 09-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Try jump starting it to eliminate a dodgy battery.

Quick Reply: 2007 cx7 TCS, ABS, TCS off lights Fuel gauge not working