Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   2008 CX-7 Headlights Question (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/2008-cx-7-headlights-question-34499/)

CWN 11-21-2014 04:30 PM

2008 CX-7 Headlights Question

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend recently got a 2008 CX-7, and I'm not too familiar with it.

When she turns on the headlights, only the two amber fog lights and the two smaller white lights come on. Is that right, or are all four white lights supposed to come on? The two smaller ones by themselves don't produce much light - enough to make it questionable how safe it is to rely on just those.

All four *do* come on when she turns on the high beams.

grim_reaper 11-22-2014 10:05 PM

The headlight switch will have 4 functions/positions,

1: Park-lights,
2: Low beam,
3: High beam,
4: Fog-lights.
Some may have auto-lights too!!

Have a read of the owners manual to understand the operation.

CWN 12-02-2014 04:30 PM

Hey, thanks for the great tips!

There's one question I didn't see answered in the owner's manual - which of the four white lights are supposed to illuminate on the low beam setting? Is it supposed to be just two of them, or are all four supposed to come on when using that setting?

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 149743)
The headlight switch will have 4 functions/positions,

1: Park-lights,
2: Low beam,
3: High beam,
4: Fog-lights.
Some may have auto-lights too!!

Have a read of the owners manual to understand the operation.

grim_reaper 12-03-2014 04:00 AM

on low beam, the 2 park-lights in the bumper will illuminate and the 2 low beam bulbs will illuminate. Beside the two low beam lights are the two high beam lights. Depending on spec level you may have foglamps beside the parklights.

If you have autolights, the car may start off by only turning the parklights on, then when it gets darker the headlights ( low beam) will turn on.

CWN 12-03-2014 01:08 PM

Aha, thanks! That's what I needed to know.

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 149900)
on low beam, the 2 park-lights in the bumper will illuminate and the 2 low beam bulbs will illuminate. Beside the two low beam lights are the two high beam lights. Depending on spec level you may have foglamps beside the parklights.

If you have autolights, the car may start off by only turning the parklights on, then when it gets darker the headlights ( low beam) will turn on.

Puiu 07-25-2015 08:26 AM

Hi guys I also have a question related to the headlights topic.
I recently bought a CX 7 (60 reg) and i'm not happy with the headlights.
They work fine but are not bright.
The car has xenon lights with projector headlamps and i assume that the ballast is 35W.
I asked if it can be replaced with 55W and i've been told that it is possible but than I will end up with a constant error.
My girlfriend's car is a focus and she has nightbreaker light bulbs from osram and are much much brighter then my own.
So what shall I do? Any opinions?