Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 seat comfort

Old 11-16-2023, 09:06 AM
Default New CX-5 seat comfort

Hello,
I am looking at the new CX-5 GX with cloth seats and every review states that the seats may be to firm for some
One compared them to a park bench
I find it hard to believe that Mazda would go to all the trouble of moving upscale, and then put uncomfortable seats in it
This is not something I can find out in a test drive around the block
Can anybody who has been on a long trip comment about the seat comfort front and rear
I don't care if the seats are firm, as long as they are not uncomfortable back breakers on a long road trip
Thanks

Last edited by Onthefence; 11-16-2023 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:34 AM

The leather seat wear into the drivers and passengers. It takes about a year. The comments from most on MAZDA forums are from those that first test drove and purchased their Mazda and then found dislikes. The industry standard now is a quality leather seat which they will be firm for a short period of the vehicles life.
The main thought here is if you truly don't like aspects of any vehicle, you test drive DONT BUY IT but please don't buy is and then complain about it it only makes some wonder what was going on in the grey matter during the prose of choosing the new vehicle?

I might add that Leather seat have been beeeched about for decades before auto manufactures made them so available in most models that offered. So MAZDA is nothing new to having people complain about the leather seats.

I suggest that for anyone that feels that the leather seats are uncomfortable to get a good quality seat cover. This will do several things. It will protect your seat, makes the seat more thermally comfortable, it may give the interior a little personal upgrade.

Treating the leather seats to a good and high-quality leather treatment can slightly soften the leather as well as keep the leather clean and protected from the environment like the Sun.

To add one other thing that some may take offence to.... your physical shape can affect how you feel about any seat in any vehicle. We don't know what most look like on forums or on the internet when they are giving their reviews. I think you know what I am talking about!

Other thoughts.
The internet AMAZON has countless products for seat comfort that range from seat cover to arm rests. For long trip all vehicles generally need through simple experiencing the drive other comfort items for each person's personal tastes. I drive frequent trips from CA to ORE throughout the year in one day that is 8-10 straight drive. I make several seat position adjusters and also have a few of the mention products to keep the comfort level at its best. Again, I repeat there is no perfect seat from any auto manufacture!

Old 11-16-2023, 09:35 AM

OnThefence

Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:59 AM

I would still trst drive the car with cloth seats, as it wouldn't hurt. If you don't like it, just pass on it. Mazda has Faux leather in some of the lower/middle trims, and then they have higher quality leather for the upper trims. I have done road trips in both and definitely prefer the genuine leather opposed to the Faux leather.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
...Again, I repeat there is no perfect seat from any auto manufacture!
I can tell you seats in the Volvo S90, M-B S-class, Audi A8 and BMW 7 series are pretty darn close to perfect IMHO. We had a 2016 Acura RDX prior to the CX-5 and the seats (and headlights) were superior to the CX-5 (not so much the rest of the car though, which is how we ended up in the Mazda)

Old 11-16-2023, 01:19 PM
Old 11-16-2023, 01:23 PM

The leather seat wear into the drivers and passengers. It takes about a year. The comments from most on MAZDA forums are from those that first test drove and purchased their Mazda and then found dislikes. The industry standard now is a quality leather seat which they will be firm for a short period of the vehicles life.
The main thought here is if you truly don't like aspects of any vehicle, you test drive DONT BUY IT but please don't buy is and then complain about it it only makes some wonder what was going on in the grey matter during the prose of choosing the new vehicle?

I might add that Leather seat have been beeeched about for decades before auto manufactures made them so available in most models that offered. So MAZDA is nothing new to having people complain about the leather seats.

I suggest that for anyone that feels that the leather seats are uncomfortable to get a good quality seat cover. This will do several things. It will protect your seat, makes the seat more thermally comfortable, it may give the interior a little personal upgrade.

Treating the leather seats to a good and high-quality leather treatment can slightly soften the leather as well as keep the leather clean and protected from the environment like the Sun.

To add one other thing that some may take offence to.... your physical shape can affect how you feel about any seat in any vehicle. We don't know what most look like on forums or on the internet when they are giving their reviews. I think you know what I am talking about!

Other thoughts.
The internet AMAZON has countless products for seat comfort that range from seat cover to arm rests. For long trip all vehicles generally need through simple experiencing the drive other comfort items for each person's personal tastes. I drive frequent trips from CA to ORE throughout the year in one day that is 8-10 straight drive. I make several seat position adjusters and also have a few of the mention products to keep the comfort level at its best. Again, I repeat there is no perfect seat from any auto manufacture!
You where right to repeat there is no perfect seat from any auto manufacture!
You forgot to add especially Mazda
all these people can't be wrong
And you also stated a year to break in a car seat, is laughable
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...rs-seat-51890/

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...t-hurts-42959/

Old 11-16-2023, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Onthefence
You where right to repeat there is no perfect seat from any auto manufacture!
You forgot to add especially Mazda
all these people can't be wrong
And you also stated a year to break in a car seat, is laughable
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...rs-seat-51890/

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...t-hurts-42959/
Dude it is not especially MAZDA and forums are not the place to get an accurate count. If you think it is better learn more about auto forums.
There are members on this forum that repeat their threads on at least 1 or more other Mazda forums. What does that tell you?
Just IMHO ( anyone that participate on multiple forums for at least a decade or more know this) don't use member-based information on any forum (vehicle related) or forum thread and post as being any true and accurate statistical data

And it really goes back to YOU TEST DROVE the model Mazda before you bought it so what does that say about your personal evaluation during the test drive and the conclusion for you personally?

Maybe get off the fence and go shop other platforms and then make semi or conclusive judgement on what your next vehicle purchase will be?

Old 11-16-2023, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I can tell you seats in the Volvo S90, M-B S-class, Audi A8 and BMW 7 series are pretty darn close to perfect IMHO. We had a 2016 Acura RDX prior to the CX-5 and the seats (and headlights) were superior to the CX-5 (not so much the rest of the car though, which is how we ended up in the Mazda)
Ever test drove or sat in a MCS 1st generation BMW/MINI Cooper S ?
But I suppose because technically they are built by BMW and not actual English anymore, they would be close to perfect seats. ??

I guess no rides in my MINI for you ..... LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 12-20-2023 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:11 PM

Dude it is not especially MAZDA and forums are not the place to get an accurate count. If you think it is better learn more about auto forums.
There are members on this forum that repeat their threads on at least 1 or more other Mazda forums. What does that tell you?
Just IMHO ( anyone that participate on multiple forums for at least a decade or more know this) don't use member-based information on any forum (vehicle related) or forum thread and post as being any true and accurate statistical data

And it really goes back to YOU TEST DROVE the model Mazda before you bought it so what does that say about your personal evaluation during the test drive and the conclusion for you personally?

Maybe get off the fence and go shop other platforms and then make semi or conclusive judgement on what your next vehicle purchase will be?
Thanks for letting me know the information on this forum is useless, making it redundant
I guess that would include you
So, why are you here then?
Also, I have not bought a Mazda CX-5 yet, hence the research
Hence, the handle on the fence
I also stated that I can't get an idea of a long term drive from a simple test drive
This is the information I was looking for
Hence, the question from other people who own the vehicle , and drive it everyday for long distances for years
Who would be better to ask than them
Are they all lying, making up story's that there seats are hard, when they are not
Enjoy your CX-5's seat covered with cushions from Amazon, to make it comfortable, Lol
You got stuck with one, do to lack of research
I will not make your mistake

Last edited by Onthefence; 11-16-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New CX-5 seat comfort