Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've found a problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Default I've found a problem

My drivers side lower seat cover and cushion has come loose and I can pull it up and see the metal structure under the seat. It seems like there is a weird way to fasten the seat to the metal structure. Every time that I think I have it back on, it pops right back off when I sit down. I have an appointment tomorrow with my 1000 mile service and I hope it gets fixed the first time. I hope to get a picture of it before I take it to the dealer.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:29 PM

yeah its not an uncommon problem, my wifes cx5 has the problem but mine doesn't in fact my seat isn't put together the same as hers even though its the same model/trim/package as mine, it seems that mazda changed the seat assembly process in the factory and the newer 5's have this cheaper attachment of plastic clips that dont hold
local dealer got the 'revised' clips from mazda tech and her seat came off again (clips looked exactly the same as old ones) so she took it back and they fixed it again supposedly, we'll see how it holds

Old 07-26-2012, 02:38 AM

Sorry that I haven't uploaded pics. I took it to the dealer and they said that they have ordered the parts and will call me when they come in. Almost 2 weeks later and still no call back.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM

Got the call today form the dealership. My seat parts are in and are scheduled to be fixed.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Name:  20120713_101242.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  82.9 KB

Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM

Wow, is there anything holding it on????? Looks like they forgot to finish the seat!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM

There is only a plastic piece in the sea cover itself that clips to the frame. I have it scheduled to be fixed on Monday. This is an issue that Mazda is aware of and have designed a part to fix it.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol
Wow, is there anything holding it on????? Looks like they forgot to finish the seat!
It's hard to find good help these days!

Attached Thumbnails I've found a problem-headinlocker.jpg   I've found a problem-homersimpsondoh.jpg   I've found a problem-robot.jpg   I've found a problem-smiley.jpg   I've found a problem-smurf.jpg  

Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 AM

Well they installed three "J clips" on the seat frame to help squeeze the original plastic in the seat cover. It worked for about 24 hours. Then I'm back at mazda telling them that their idea didnt work. So here I am sitting waiting on a call back from them with another idea. I wish their service was Zoom Zoom.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM

Its very zoom zoom once you start talking lawyers and such......... Did that once with Ford and my Mustang I had, amazing how quick they work when lawyers show up.

Quick Reply: I've found a problem