Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Default Subwoofer?

I'm a new CX-5 owner and our other family vehicle is a CX-9. When I test drove the CX-5 they just had a lower model one on the lot. I ordered the Grand Touring with tech package and my expectation was that I would get a similar stereo as in the CX-9 with a subwoofer... Well... no luck... no subwoofer. I was quite suprised as I drove a Mazda 3 with a sub in the spare tire compartment. I had expected the same thing.

Anyone have a suggestion for an after market sub or if you can get the sub that fits in the Mazda 3 spare tire area and if that will work?

So far that's the only thing that I'm dissapointed about with the car... Drives great and I'm averaging about 28mpg which is awesome compared to the pickup truck I came from.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken

Old 04-08-2012, 08:08 AM

yeah i was dissapointed in the lack of a sub in the bose system on my cx5 when i saw the odd numbered speaker spec i figured the extra was a sub.
you could always get a small bazooka tube to mount in the cargo area, they usually aren't very expensive and produce decent low end base

i'd like to see someone come up with a small sub package that fits in one of the cubbies on either side of the cargo area (similar to what mitsu did on the sport with the rockford fosgate setup)

Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

All of the Mazda/Bose offerings I am familiar with have a small sub under the passenger side seat. They are small, 5-1/4" or so, and only there to reinforce the bottom end. Bose has been using small speakers to get big sound for years though and they know what they're doing.

If you drove a Bose equipped 3 with a sub in the trunk, the owner/previous owner must have installed that themselves.

Check again under the RS seat.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

All of the Mazda/Bose offerings I am familiar with have a small sub under the passenger side seat. They are small, 5-1/4" or so, and only there to reinforce the bottom end. Bose has been using small speakers to get big sound for years though and they know what they're doing.

If you drove a Bose equipped 3 with a sub in the trunk, the owner/previous owner must have installed that themselves.

Check again under the RS seat.

nope, no sub under seats

Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 PM

the bose in the 2012, 3 has it in the spair tire. it's actually built in to the offset of the rim, which you need to remove if you ever did get a flat.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mazda3UR
the bose in the 2012, 3 has it in the spair tire. it's actually built in to the offset of the rim, which you need to remove if you ever did get a flat.
nope, not there either, just the spare

Old 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM

No subwoofer in CX-5, Grand Touring model.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 PM

according to bose website in netherlands, the door speakers are 7" subwoofers if you have the bose system thats what you have to settle for

http://www.bose.nl/NL/nl/Images/Mazd...cm55-56157.pdf

Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 AM

I read 23cm ND woofer (2 in front doors). No subs.

Last edited by CX-SV; 05-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by CX-SV
I read 23cm ND woofer (2 in front doors). No subs.
yes your right sorry i knew they weren't subs just got caught up in thread subject and misspoke

Quick Reply: Subwoofer?