Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Soul Red Crystal Metallic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/soul-red-crystal-metallic-38656/)

#wa2ZHtSq7Pk5C3DE#$94FDR!Y8 07-26-2018 07:24 AM

The clear wrap is virtually invisible. If I did not tell you, you would probably not notice it.

How is it holding up? At week #3, everything is fine. Material and installation is warranted for ten years, whatever the heck that means. Detailer says that modern vinyl wraps are more resistant to chips and abrasion than clear coat and paint, but he’s also the guy selling the stuff, so caveat emptor.

Shop around. I got quotes ranging from $750 to $2,500. A quality job should require a full day and overnight.

boogietron9000 07-26-2018 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by #wa2ZHtSq7Pk5C3DE#$94FDR!Y8 (Post 169070)
The clear wrap is virtually invisible. If I did not tell you, you would probably not notice it.

How is it holding up? At week #3, everything is fine. Material and installation is warranted for ten years, whatever the heck that means. Detailer says that modern vinyl wraps are more resistant to chips and abrasion than clear coat and paint, but he’s also the guy selling the stuff, so caveat emptor.

Shop around. I got quotes ranging from $750 to $2,500. A quality job should require a full day and overnight.

Thanks. I've been quoted 2000 but haven't decided if it's worth that much. I'm leaning toward getting it done because I don't want 1,020 chips in my paint by 2028.

patjoe 07-31-2018 07:29 AM

CX5 Crystal soul red

Hi everyone just a update on my CX5 Crystal soul red still in the paint shop it is going on a month know one is really saying to much having trouble getting the color right sounds like. I've bee n told more than once I should ask for a buy back any suggestions out there that might help me convince Mazda they should give me my money back.

patjoe 07-31-2018 07:31 AM

Or maybe someone out there is a good lawyer or knows one pro bone-ow

madar 07-31-2018 12:34 PM

If it's a reputable paint shop, color match should be no problem. I had my 2016 Soul Red cx5 about a week when some one hit me in the front! I went to an independent shop who replaced the front bumper and matched the paint perfectly.

paris1 07-31-2018 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by madar (Post 169157)
If it's a reputable paint shop, color match should be no problem. I had my 2016 Soul Red cx5 about a week when some one hit me in the front! I went to an independent shop who replaced the front bumper and matched the paint perfectly.

That's great, but SR Crystal Metallic is a different proposition than SR Metallic!

patjoe 07-31-2018 04:37 PM

CX5 Crystal soul red

they are not trying to match the hood with rest of the car they are repainting the whole car, and they are having trouble getting it right.

boogietron9000 08-01-2018 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by patjoe (Post 169164)
they are not trying to match the hood with rest of the car they are repainting the whole car, and they are having trouble getting it right.

Is this a Mazda collision shop or an independent? It shouldn't be too hard to match, it's essentially candy paint. I could drive mine down to Miami and have it done over the weekend. Shoot, it may even come back with complimentary 24" rims. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pw4a5a4C9KY/maxresdefault.jpg

madar 08-01-2018 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by paris1 (Post 169160)
That's great, but SR Crystal Metallic is a different proposition than SR Metallic!

I understand that, it's the skill that matters, not the color. I've never been to a dealer body shop that did good work like a reputable independent, the dedication usually isn't there.

patjoe 08-01-2018 06:13 AM

CX5 Crystal soul red

Mazda does not have a body shop in our town but ford does so that's where they have it. I can't say weather they are good or bad have not had much experience in that field,I do know by talking to some of the other shops it takes more than 2 days to paint a whole car when done properly. They didn't just tape it off and spray it. They stripped right down and I am in Canada not the US makes quite a difference.