Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by paris1
It's on the driver's door jam. If your car isn't Soul Red Crystal Metallic, then you've got nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that's where he code would be, but i figured I'd ask anyway.

Turns out the color code on my CX-5 is 46V, Soul Red Crystal Metallic.

Stuart

Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart2016Mazda3
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that's where he code would be, but i figured I'd ask anyway.

Turns out the color code on my CX-5 is 46V, Soul Red Crystal Metallic.

Stuart
so why did you need to verify the code? There’s only one red in 2018!

Old 08-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by paris1

so why did you need to verify the code? There’s only one red in 2018!
Curiosity, as there are two different color codes for Soul Red Crystal Metallic, 41V and 46V, and I wanted to know which one my car was painted with. So far I haven't had any chipping problems, but one never knows what the future holds.

Stuart

Old 08-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Default same

I have a mazda3 5-door, i believe it is 41V. I have a bunch of chips in my front bumper and on my a-pillar. I installed a clear-bra on half the hood and fenders, which definitely helped, but its apparent at 17,500 miles its not correct. My mazda dealer is looking at it tuesday and has reported this would be the 4th one they've done this year. All the others we're CX-5s, however I have a 11/16 build, so my 3 was one of the first with the new soul crystal red.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:51 PM

OK, let’s get this straight. The original SR metallic (41V) was used on gen 1 CX-5s and all Mazda 3 through 2018. It is a different finish than the later 46V SR Crystal metallic used on gen 2 CX-5s and has not presented the same durability problems as the new finish. Ironically, I am currently on vacation in Southern Calif in a rented late model Nissan Rogue painted a very similar color. The front end is covered with white paint chips. Go figure!

Old 08-29-2018, 11:27 AM

So based on the posts in this thread, I called Mazda USA, they referred me to the local dealer. They then called the dealer then emailed him some paperwork to fill out, so he would know what was needed. Apparently I am the first around here (Racine, WI) to go there with this issue.

After I stopped there, they had the car for about 45 minutes, inspecting it both at the service desk filling out some of the paperwork, then at the bodyshop. They scheduled me for the paint work the Tuesday after Labor day. I asked for how long, and he said for a few weeks. Looks like they're doing a complete repaint...

Supposedly he's arranging transportation for me as well, so crossing my fingers. I'm going to be trading this in for another vehicle in the immediate future anyway, so for me it's not a critical thing, but for whoever ends up with it eventually, I hope that the process they do now is better than whatever it was that caused the issue in the first place... It would really suck to have all this done only to find out that it's the same process and the problem continues...

Old 09-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Unhappy WOW! Does this sound familiar or what?

https://autoweek.com/article/green-c...n=awdailydrive

Old 09-04-2018, 10:52 AM

My 2017 CX-5 just got dropped off this morning. They said it'll be a few weeks, going to repaint the whole thing... sigh...

Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Tesla has a whole slew of issues. Suspension component failure due to them being made out of alluminum. Hell the cars are being assembled in tents. The first yield pass on his cars is a measly 14 percent. the industry average is 75 percent. So they spend a lot of time going back through production bc they are not done right the first time.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:36 PM

Imagine my shock - a new 2018 CX-5 with the soul red paint is my loaner car, has 5k miles on it, and has the same chipping all over its hood.

Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic