Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn
Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.
No, went a completely different direction......bought a new RAM 3500 diesel because we bought a new fifth wheel! I had only 5,400 miles on the CX-5. We loved the CX-5, that was our second one. I've owned several new Mercedes and the CX-5 is every bit as good!

Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound
Probably because they don't trust their own paint. They would rather start over on a raw hood.
They could do the same by simply sanding the original down to bare metal.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound
No, went a completely different direction......bought a new RAM 3500 diesel because we bought a new fifth wheel! I had only 5,400 miles on the CX-5. We loved the CX-5, that was our second one. I've owned several new Mercedes and the CX-5 is every bit as good!
Nice. That may be why you didn't lose so much. We have two RAM 2500 trucks. I tow my horse with the diesel. The other is gas and is a farm truck. I love the RAMs!

Old 04-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
They could do the same by simply sanding the original down to bare metal.
Wonder if Mazda wanted the original hood back to do testing on the problem.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
Wonder if Mazda wanted the original hood back to do testing on the problem.
Good point!

Old 04-19-2018, 08:48 PM

Keeping an eye on our paint (and on this thread). So far so good, I have not noticed any issues. Any 2018 owners who experience the same issue as the OP?

Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Default CX 5 2017 Paint

Mazda said they would repaint my car hood fenders roof not the rest could be a different color took another trip to Dundas salt on the road from the last storm more chips Mazda called said they would repaint and pay only so much I pay the rest I told them to ----them self I now think I going to try the Media so if anyone out there can help very appreciated

first the BBB them I'm going to send off a letter to Market Place I'm thinking I want this car replaced this is just BS if anyone else feels the same please drop a email off to BBB or Market Place and we will see what happens

Old 04-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Default 2018 CX-5 GT ... 2 weeks, 250 miles ...

Already 3 chips. Looking for the dealer to swap vehicles. I certainly didn’t pay $600 for the paint to have chip issues for the life of the car.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by CX-5Kgosi
Already 3 chips. Looking for the dealer to swap vehicles. I certainly didn’t pay $600 for the paint to have chip issues for the life of the car.
My dealer had the Zurich Shield (Paint Protection) applied and I did not fight over it since it was $100 (and not $1000 as many on other forums have reported). Anyway, 4 months later and at roughly 2,000 miles, I do not see any chip. So I assume the protection is working. One thing worth mentioning when taking your car back to the dealer.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Default CX5 red soul crystal

good luck to you on a trade I've reached the end I think with Mazda and all their BS I have put it to the BBB in Kitchener ON. next step is I will contact Mazda Canada one more time then I am going to the Media.

Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic