Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Default paint on Mazda CX5 GT AWD

I have a Mazda CX5 Gt awd 2017 I paid the extra to have the new crystal red I have had it 6 months drove the 400 hwys about 10 time since owning it I have all kinds of chips on my hood doors roof ect. contacted Mazda Canada next stop is a body shop to check this paint out have had no help from Mazda told me I must have followed a gravel truck to close or it is road salt I have read on this form that I am not the only person with this problem I refuse to use one of those pens to touch it up I have never had a vehicle do this I paid for the paint protection which was suppose to heip somewhat with this problem. I also have swirl marks in the paint said I took it to one of those car washes with brush's never did. I am going after Mazda with this problem and would appreciate feedback from anyone else with this problem. Very frustrated this vehicle does not come cheap and I should not have to pay out more to have it look like what I paid for. Upset Sarnia ON.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM

After just 8 months, this past December, I decided to trade in my 2017 CX5 while there was still paint left on it!! Mazda attempted to put a "concept car" paint on a street driven car. Don't know exactly what they were thinking. Concept cars aren't driven on the streets. Beautiful color but not for a street car!!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound
After just 8 months, this past December, I decided to trade in my 2017 CX5 while there was still paint left on it!! Mazda attempted to put a "concept car" paint on a street driven car. Don't know exactly what they were thinking. Concept cars aren't driven on the streets. Beautiful color but not for a street car!!
I wonder if they changed something. I have a 2014 in Soul Red and, while it has a few chips from rocks and people slamming their doors into it, it isn't worse than any other car I've owned.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I wonder if they changed something. I have a 2014 in Soul Red and, while it has a few chips from rocks and people slamming their doors into it, it isn't worse than any other car I've owned.
The current Soul Red "Crystal" Metallic is an enhanced version of the original Soul Red you have. That's why it's a more expensive option. It's a more dramatic rendition of the color, but apparently not without its problems!

Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Default new red Mazda CX5 2017

I have posted before to reach out to anyone with problems with the paint on this car I glad to see I am not the only one I have contacted Mazda Canada without any results yet dealer asked me if I drive behind a gravel truck, It is almost impossible to make the car look good after washing it seem's to get worse every time I wash it. I paid a lot of money for this ride and extra for the paint I will call Mazda Canada again today then I will put this on the BBB along with the start up problem in the winter I have with this vehicle number for Mazda Canada is 800-263-4680. What's this vehicle going to look like in a year.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Default paint Mazda CX5

I'm afraid it is mine looks awful had it 6 months it has so many chips small and large and the swirl marks just seem to get worse you can't touch it after a wash even with the best of cloths very upset with this problem Mazda Canada just is not hearing me I hate paying good money for something and have it look like it dose if it was anything else you would just return it to the store money back or replaced.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 PM

Any improvement in the paint from 2017 to 2018? We have the red soul color as well and wondering if we need to be worried about this as well.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:30 AM

I don't think so I wish everyone would contact Mazda Canada 800-263-4680 then hit 6 ask for Nick he seems like a good guy we will see getting back to me on Tues. I will post the outcome. If negative there is the BBB Marketplac
then a lawyer for advice I didn't pay all that money to have something that looks like that love the car otherwise

Old 03-16-2018, 01:30 PM

mazda needs to step up and take care of this. a premium paint package should not have these problems! i chose black, but i can see why people with red are pissed. pretty much everyone with red is complaining of paint chips

Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 AM
Default soul red crystal cx 5 Mazda

thanks for your support wish mine was black Mazda Canada wants the dealer to look at car again today want it for 2 hours will keep everyone informed of the out come I think I find a new chip or swirl everyday .

Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic