Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Question about Lane Keep Assist in new 2019 CX 5 (or 2018?) (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/question-about-lane-keep-assist-new-2019-cx-5-2018-a-41307/)

Charlesviiii 01-29-2019 01:34 PM

Question about Lane Keep Assist in new 2019 CX 5 (or 2018?)

Hi, does anyone have the new 2019 (or maybe 2018) Mazda cx 5 with lane keep assist? If so, does it help to keep you dead center of the lane the entire time, like the Honda LKA does, or does it just correct you slightly if you actually go over the lines?

gatrus 01-30-2019 02:35 AM

Lane assist will either vibrate or make a sound when you are over the lines . That's all it does.

Charlesviiii 01-30-2019 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by gatrus (Post 172622)
Lane assist will either vibrate or make a sound when you are over the lines . That's all it does.

Thanks. Thats what I suspected.

David Paul 01-31-2019 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Charlesviiii (Post 172613)
Hi, does anyone have the new 2019 (or maybe 2018) Mazda cx 5 with lane keep assist? If so, does it help to keep you dead center of the lane the entire time, like the Honda LKA does, or does it just correct you slightly if you actually go over the lines?

My lane keep assist nudges the steering wheel away from the line if I get too close. It is strong enough that I feel it easily but it does not rip the steering wheel out of my hands. However, it the crown of the road is very high, there will be less tugging by the system.

One day, on a local freeway when there was hardly any traffic, it kept me within the lane but I had to be touching the steering wheel all the while. If your hands are off the wheel for more than 10 seconds, you will get a vocal warning from the system. I may be wrong about the exact amount of time but I think it is 10 seconds. The vehicle did weave back and forth like I was drunk.

edgarrain 01-31-2019 05:30 PM

what they said

grim_reaper 02-03-2019 05:12 AM

Indeed these people tell the truth.

RVelle 02-22-2019 12:03 PM

I have a 2018 gt and LKA will nudge you the opposite way back into the lane but doesnt center in lane unfortunately...Another item to look at is when using intelligent cruise, the amount of braking force used is lower than in some other like vehicles, I have not been able to find numbers but my confidence in the braking is lacking competitive to say Nissan, they use up to 70% breaking force, Mazda is much lower

Another related item that inspires zero confidence in the ICC is if you come up on very slow or stopped traffic if your doing over 40 or so, system breaks VERY late, my mostel hated function and is scary actually...My old nissan inspired lots of confidence here and mazda shouldn't be much diff.

I like my cx5, most of the tech works well, but I may also just need to bring in in to checked...only has 2k miles on it.

Just fyi so your aware

grim_reaper 02-24-2019 03:28 AM

The sensitivity or reaction distance of the Radar cruise control can be adjusted , which maybe what your concerned about with brake force.

RVelle 02-25-2019 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 173173)
The sensitivity or reaction distance of the Radar cruise control can be adjusted , which maybe what your concerned about with brake force.

I wish it was just that, had it set to max distance (4 bars)

davmac 03-20-2019 11:59 AM

Funny: One person's source of confidence is another's source of annoyance.
Personally I'm very happy with the adaptive cruise control in my 2018. I was not expecting it to provide collision avoidance and would not be happy if more brake force was applied. We all know that the so-called safety features in cars today are precursor to autonomous driving machines. Funny thing: I would use an autonomous driving machine for lots of trips - but while I'm driving I want the control and expect that I must be attentive or suffer the consequences. I don't want the car to brake to a stop on my behalf and feel the lane keep assist function on the Mazda is already too intrusive.