Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CX-5 GTR Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 PM
JJL
Default New CX-5 GTR Owner

Well almost, I pick it up Tuesday.

I tried posting something a week ago when I was looking to buy, but it has not shown up on the forum.

2019 Grey CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve with parchment interior

Test drive was impressive, I really am excited for this car. The turbo engine option was the big seller, 310 ft-lbs available at 2k RPM is a nice feeling.Will post pictures when I get the car Tuesday.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Welcome to the forum. From everything I have heard, the CX-5 is a great vehicle. I will try to get my wife to buy one when we replace her Forester this summer. I doubt we will go with the Turbo. I suspect if she had the extra horsepower, she would make full use of it.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Congrats on the new CX5.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Default Gas Milage

Originally Posted by JJL

I tried posting something a week ago when I was looking to buy, but it has not shown up on the forum.

Test drive was impressive, I really am excited for this car. The turbo engine option was the big seller, 310 ft-lbs available at 2k RPM is a nice feeling.Will post pictures when I get the car Tuesday.
I got mine about a month ago. I have about 1k miles on it and haven't seen the best fuel economy yet. I'm averaging 20.5-21 mpg mixed, advertised by Mazda is 22/27.

Let me know how your gas milage is please.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Trayflipcrook
I got mine about a month ago. I have about 1k miles on it and haven't seen the best fuel economy yet. I'm averaging 20.5-21 mpg mixed, advertised by Mazda is 22/27.

Let me know how your gas milage is please.

Give it about 5000 or so miles before the fuel economy really dials in.

I dont know if the newer newer models still have this but on my ‘17, in the info screen there is a option to show a mpg meter. If you have that, safely watch it as you very lightly let off the throttle. I’ve found the Mazda throttle to be very sensitive. You will start to see and feel a sweet spot so when you are settled into a cruise you will see that needle jump as the computer adjusts the engine.

I have the 2.5 naturally aspirated engine and I get a bit over 30mpg in mixed city and rural road driving. On highway trips I get around 35mpg. I suspect you will get about 2-3mpg less due to the turbo.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JJL

Big congrats on your new ride! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:50 AM

Hey! I also just joined the forum. My Mazda 3 GT lease is up in September and I am leaning toward a purchase of the CX-5 and really liking the idea of the 2.5T on the Reserve and Signature models. Share some pics and your experience if you can

Old 04-13-2019, 06:49 PM
JJL

Hey all,
I picked the car up Tuesday. All I can say is I am VERY impressed with this machine. Some general comments:

Looks: Gray color is my favorite car color and Mazda has a nice offering. Looks excellent in the sun, and really sexy in low light. The parchment leather is really to my liking. You have all seen pics of these models, the new styling is wonderful and I smile when I walk into the garage every morning to see her.
Performance: This car wants to move! Zoom zoom indeed. The 310ft-lbs of torque available (turbo option) at 2k RPM is ever present, asking you to let it rip. Enter into sport mode, and this is an aggressive car, so be mindful if you do that and leave all the safety features on. The car is quick on it's feet, more nimble that I would have thought. Passing is easy, parking and tight spaces no problem. Braking is excellent. The variable weighted steering is welcomed, a nice feature. I have a 2014 Camaro V-8 SS that has been modified to the tune of 450 horsepower tested at the rear wheels. No, the CX-5 is not as fast as that car, but it sure makes me feel like I am in something special. Again, makes me smile when I climb in.
Intangibles: It's dead quiet inside this car, I mean, like sound proof. I love that, never had a car this quiet on the inside. A nice touch. Seats feel good, and adjust well for my preference. Did I mention looks? This is a sexy looking car.
Negatives: I can't seem to get the passenger side mirror in a spot where I like it. The infotainment system is not intuitive, at least for me. That's all really.

To the question above about gas mileage, mine is under 500 miles and new cars take a bit to "settle" in. As of now I am at 27 mpg, but this is my commuter car and I have very few opportunities to get on the gas on my route. Look forward to it. After 1500 miles your mileage will stabilize and that will be the actual number. I will assume 25-27, unless sport mode is used a bit, then, oooff, I think way lower. But that's a good thing!

I only have a couple pictures from pick up day as of now. I need to hand wash the car, clay treat it, then apply Collinite 845 before I get some better quality pics and the car is protected. Hopefully soon.