Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lagging issue now no boost

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 03:25 PM
Default Lagging issue now no boost

Hi all

Please help I bought a 2014 cx5 in October, at the end of febuary the car started to give a little lag a couple of times in one week when sat in idel, nothing that I thought to much to be worried about.
a week later the warning light came on so I took it to my local garage and had them see what it was as the 3 month warranty the used car garage had given my had run out, this turned out to be the vac pump and when they took it off it was full of gunk carbon. So I had it replaced.
this then resolved the issue with the pump , however the lag had come back. So i took it to Mazda , who charged me to just look at it.
they said it needed a full decarb before they could find the problem. They quotes £1600 just for this.
When i collected the car from them the engion was lagging even worse in the ldel.
I then had a company come to my house and they did a de-carb and a dpf clean on the car and run it on the computor. And another fault code came up saying that there was now a boot issue. He sugested a smoke test to be done but it was not something he could do. The car at this point was still driving correct on the road with no problem being driven and only when idel lagging.
I had the smoke test done and it was found that there was one of the pipes to the boost that was loose, this got repaired. During the test the fan belt also broke so that got replace as well.
After this driving back from the garage I was on 30mph roads so did not notice anything and thought it was fine but the next day I was going to work and due to go on bigger roads and there was no boost.
when I got home the car was lagging again in idel.
please help I know there's a lot gone on but I'm at my whits end as I bought it on finance and can not get it sorted , any advice will be great

Old 06-18-2022, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

I would take it back to Mazda for further diagnosis.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:03 AM

I have no idea what the car sales laws are in your country.
I would take it back to where you purchased it.
Show them what you've had done and how much you've spent and try to get them to help you out and fix the issue.
This will show you what kind of dealer they really are.

Old 06-22-2022, 11:10 PM
Default 2 pence

I can't imagine Mazda throwing you under the bus in regards to this. If you do contact, or have, corporate should take care of you. My experience has been noteworthy as corporate has helped me in the past when I was out of warranty and had a dash separation issue in my 2012. Granted I was just a few thousand miles and months out they didn't have to foot the bill ultimately saving me over 1000.00. The oppressive temperature in the Southern US and lack of R&D caused a separation in the dash when the glue failed. Mazda although they won't let you roll them over has been reported to be one of the top 7 vehicle manufacturing companies to provide superior customer service and care greatly about their reputation.