Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chking trans or power steering fluid levels & changing differential or transfer oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 05:14 PM
Default Chking trans or power steering fluid levels & changing differential or transfer oil

. . .
My daughter recently purchased a 2016 CX-5 with 95,000 miles in excellent condition. The maintenance records and CarFax report indicated the car was properly maintained and did not report anything that might suggest any unusual or non-standard use or care.

If my daughter does not (i) tow a trailer or use a car-top carrier, (ii) drive in dusty or sandy conditions, or (iii) idle or drive at low speeds for extended periods of time, but 65% of her miles driven are on trips of less than 10 miles, does she ever need to change the differential or transfer oil?

Is there a place in the engine compartment to check the transmission or power steering fluid levels?

Thanks!

Joe

Old 06-23-2022, 05:35 PM

At that mileage, it's a wise idea to change all those items regardless of overall use.
The transmission especially. YouTube videos about all those chores are there.
Not a rush but make a plan, gets tools and supplies, and work the list.
Just my 2¢

Old 06-24-2022, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Wendt
At that mileage, it's a wise idea to change all those items regardless of overall use.
The transmission especially. YouTube videos about all those chores are there.
Not a rush but make a plan, gets tools and supplies, and work the list.
Just my 2¢
I agree with this. It's a good "baseline" and won't cost too much, and may help. But as with anything outside the Mazda-recommended schedule - it's just like, my opinion, man.